Author :: carlh

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features

- Home Screen XML document

- Home screen JPG

- Other screen skins in gif format

Comments

Having tried to run SDK and follow the CAB / installer creation instructions, I failed dismally (noob). However, all the elements are included in the zip file.

** UPDATE - Look further down the post for Blade001's awesome work on creating the cab file and installer **

I only bought my phone 2 weeks ago and I loaded Midnight's "Skater" theme and installed that (thanks Midnight). Then decided to do my own screens and all I could do was change his xml doc and the screen gifs. Sorry, but creating an installer was beyond me. If anyone wants to do it, the files are all here.

The screenshots gif is lower quality to save on file size. Also the gifs in the zip file are high color, but they posed no problem on the phone and looked shoddy at lower pixel quality. (The black box with x's doesn't exist - just covering a tel. no)

Enjoy.

View File

screenshots.gif

Guest kl1wdr

VERY nice....even I have to admit that... :P

I do really like it, beside several changes I would make, but all in all it looks GREAT! *thumbs-up*

Guest agent.m
VERY nice....even I have to admit that... :D 

I do really like it, beside several changes I would make, but all in all it looks GREAT! *thumbs-up*

Praise from the legend himself! well done carlh :P

Guest carlh

Stoutman, I realise that. I did actually point out why it's not in cab format above!!

kl1wdr and agent.m - thanks. Got to say Kl1wdr your stuff is awesome and inspired me to have a go.

Anyhow, just taking part.

Guest midnight

nice homescreen, just a few things m8....

Watch the vertical dotted line on your contacts page, some items (on the right) in the list can be more than 1 character in lengt, eg w2 for work number 2 and web for website addresses.

Be carefull with placing items which may get in the way of text (programs page has cogs at the top, text will go over those)

also be carefull on alert screens, some of the text will go over the background image so if you have black in the background and black text you wont be able to read it, also, remember, if there is more than one page of text (not common but does happen), then the background image scrolls.

other than that quite nice, oh, and i didnt make the Skater homescreen, that would have been one of the chuckle brothers err, i mean vector and chrisjm :P

Guest mavisdavis

Very sexy homescreen.

Your missus aint bad either.lol

If I knew anything about Cab files I'd help ya out. You'd of thought midnight would of gave ya some advice :wink: It's not as if he's busy or anything :roll:

Guest blade001

I agree with midnight. but apart from those points, this skin is a great piece of work. I will give it a go as soon as I get my new phone (No MS SmartPhone at the moment, got stolen :P ). Also I can help you making a cab file and a windows installer if you want.

Keep up with the good work.

Guest dinoalbert

I got the volume, info and alert background pics working...but not those for the Program, Contact, Incall, Incoming call...where am I supposed to place these files? I placed them in the My Documents folder

I hope a cab file wll come up soon :wink:

Guest blade001

There you guys, there is the .cab file everyone to download. As for carlh, I have changed the xml to locate the background image from the correct directory and changed names for few images for my easy cab file creation purpose.

I have only created the .cab file but as I don’t have a phone at the moment I can't try it to see if it works properly or not. So can someone please do that and let me know whether it’s working ok or not? As far as I am concern it should work fine

Oh yea and carlh, If you want any Windows installer for this skin or anyone else wants a Windows Installer then give me a shout. I will be more then happy to make one. It will be just like my Futurama Theme 1.2 installer. Which can be found HERE.

[uPDATE] Sorry, moved the cab and Instead uploaded the New Windows Installer which solves all the previous issues with uninstalling problem some of you might had and problem with home screen skin changing once the installation is done (That was due to a invalid home.xml file.). Hope this will help. [/uPDATE]

Mind_&_Soul.exe

My experience with the cab.

I installed it

It added the start and shutdown screens. and all of the junk i couldn't get working before

But didn't change the actual home screen itself

However combining both, i have the desired result

Big hand to all the experts out there. Especially Blade001 for the cab file (I've tried it and it works just fine). Midnight, I take all your points on board, spot on. I guess when I made it, all my programs and other bits have short names and fit, etc (so it didn't bother me).

With regards to the home page and carrier stuff - I'm upto my eyeballs in stuff at the moment, but the carrier is actually included in the xml (I just have it positioned offscreen - it's off the top left), you'll find it in the clock plugin code:

Depending on your carrier, you may need to create a bigger "item window" on the homescreen, so I have included the Photoshop file for the homescreen, which will allow you to muck around with it (it's quick and dirty, so don't be surprised if it's not exactly precise photoshop!).

Many thanks all - a true collaborative forum of sharing.

mindsoul_home.zip

Guest kurtfhouse

I had the same problem as Toe with the CAB, it installed all the extra screens (menu etc...) but not the actual home screen :cry:

Not sure if its got something to do with running 2003 on the MPx200???

Also when I tried to delete it, it said I couldn't, the cheeky monkey wouldn't let me :? I had to do it manually :?

Shame, as I really want to use this, it looks amazing :P

Thanks for all your work Carlh :D

Guest blade001

And there is the windows Installer as promised. It has 3 different options. You get to chose between Complete theme (includes everything), Just the home screen skin and Extra skins.

I had to borrow some image files from the skin for the installer, hope that's ok. If anyone ties the installer then please Let me know whether it works properly or not. I can only test the PC side of it but cant test the phone's side as I don't have a phone at the moment. Hopefully this will work.

[uPDATE] Removing the old installer and Instead uploaded the New Windows Installer which solves all the previous issues with uninstalling problem some of you might had and problem with home screen skin changing once the installation is done (That was due to an invalid home.xml file.). Hope this will help. [/uPDATE]

Mind_&_Soul.exe

Already responded to Blade001, but for everyone else.

Awesome. Timing couldn't be better - I've just had to do a hard reset on my phone and .... there was your windows installer!! Just a couple of things when I loaded it - the following problems occurred (after reboot):

1) It didn't load the homescreen.

2) It didn't load the color scheme.

When I went to settings it was still on Orange default and it wouldn't find "mind&solu theme". Stupidly, I forgot to look at the home xml file from the installer and just immediately replaced it with mine off my machine. That sorted all of it out. I don't know how you did it, so can't be of much help I'm afraid.

I will put a message in the first post to say look further down until we find out whether there are any more probs with the installer, etc.

As for using the images for the installer - hey who cares, it's hardly copyright or cheeky - share and share alike. (p.s sorry about not sending the photoshop files - stupid noob mistake!)

Fandang

Guest kurtfhouse

There is obviously a problem with the xml in the cab/installer (don't know what :?: ) which is why the phone is not recognising it :?

If that can be fixed all will be good :P

I will see if I acn see what it is..........................................

Guest kurtfhouse

Got the home screen to work on 2003 with a quick tweak on the xml but then there were two annoying white lines across the screen which I couldn't get rid of, so for tonight I have given up :cry:

By the way, anyone got any ideas how to get rid of a program name in the remove programs section under settings, it just says can't delete mind and soul, so I have deleted all the files manually but would like to get rid of the obsolete name too????

Its not a big deal, but thought I would ask :wink:

Guest dinoalbert
There is obviously a problem with the xml in the cab/installer (don't know what :?: ) which is why the phone is not recognising it :?  

If that can be fixed all will be good :P  

I will see if I acn see what it is..........................................

same here...the cab file installed the extra skins but not the homescreen...cant find it in Setting-->Homescreen

what I did is I replaced the xml file with the original one that was in the zip file...the first one posted by carlh before the cab installer came out...and moved the jpeg file directly to the Home folder.....everythings working perfectly now :D

btw, I was able to edit the xml and successfully added the Carrier name as well as the Profile, just below the time and date plugin :wink:

Guest blade001

Can someone send me a copy of the working xml file for the home screen. I only chaged the directory of the image file on the xml for the cab installer and just checked again, can't really see anything wrong with it, but it seems like non of your phones like it. And as for the uninstalling issue, I really don't have a clue why it's doing this. I have made the cab like the all the other ones I have done before and they never seemed to have any problem with uninstalling. Ohh, I wish I have a smartphone now so I can play with this issue and fix it but since I don't, I guess all I can do is just get the feedback and try giving you guys advices and fix the pc part of it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.