MPx220 Caller ID / Battery Life

Guest LOOPSTER1

Guest LOOPSTER1

I just got my 220. Battery life is HORRIBLE!. last me 1/2 a day. I get about approx 30 to 45min TT.

Also was wondering if anyone else with this phone is having problems when receiving a call does the phone not display the Callers ID on the smaller display outside the phone?

Da LOOPSTER

:P BADGES., we don need no stinkin BADGES!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :P

There was a bug with the mpx200 where a large contact list would cause the problem you are having.

This could be the same :?

Moved to the new mpx220 section :D

Guest LOOPSTER1

I am part of a Nationwide test team for Motorola. I was just wondering if anyone else who might have one too. Phone performs well, but there are some bugs like Batt life, no caller ID on small screen, echo on Ericsson Switches, key pad response is slower than most phones..

Badges, we don ned no Stinkin BADGES..! :shock:

Guest midnight

if you already have a mpx220 then its got to be a beta unit with beta software, which means it will no doubt have horrible battery life (my s7 and c500 where the same), and also it will have lots of bugs, such as the caller id bug. Thats the problem with getting beta stuff, it never works as it should :P

Guest LOOPSTER1

BTW, I also have the Motorola RAZOR " RAZR V3" and am disappointed that it did not have the Smart Phone OS. Other than being a thin flip phone, it really hasn't impressed me. Most consumers will probably get this only for " the thin-nest" of the phone".

Basically a smashed v400, v600

Some highlights of this phone are

Thin profile

MP3 /MPEG4

Aluminum Casing

Speaker phone audio is very good! louder than normal phones!

Volume ect.. side keys are now on thedisplay portion of the phone. This is good, no more hitting side keys by accident!

Badges, we don need no Stinkin BADGES! :roll:

Badges, we don need no Stinkin BADGES!

Guest midnight

yeh, bit of a strange one the razr, cos its thin, but it isnt small, in fact, its one big phone especially when its being sold as a fashion phone. Looks nice, but nothing tricky regarding the OS, pretty basic really, gotta loved that etched keypad though :P

Guest the bishop

Hi LOOPSTER1,

I too work for Motorola -- not PCS division, but one of the support channels. Your MPX220 is an older one that will eventually die it sounds like -- you need to get the newer one (go into motorola intranet profiles.mot.com and look up PCS contact for this) and you'll be fine. The guys that I know that are testing it had the same issue and got a newer one for testing -- the one you have (and that they had) will eventually stop working (faulty original design on that test model). Hope that helps -- glad its free to test em, huh? :P

Guest LOOPSTER1

haso0on> No "official" release date has been set. BUT, If i were a betting man, i would say Mid-Sept early Oct time frame.

Pictures are not very sharp (considering it is Mega-pixel) I now have 3 MPX220 and all seem to be performing the same. The latest firmware has not fixed the battery life nor the slow keypad response

Loopster

Badges, we don need no STINKIN BADGES!!