MPX 220 and The Mini SD Format

Guest Navec245

Guest Navec245

Just curious. The key feature enhancement in this model for me is Bluetooth. Having discovered its benefits I think it will eventually become a must have for all phones.

I am very annoyed by the fact that the phone requires the mini SD card format. Relegating my current cards meaningless should I choose/want to upgrade.

For me, with the cost as likely to be very expensive for the phone, having to spend additional dollars, may mean that I pass on the upgrade. I'm willing to pay for a new phone but not additional expandable media.

Guest Connor00

I think you should seriously reconsider all the new desktops (including Sony's R series) as well as most laptops, pocket pc's and digi cams us mini SD. Not to mention the cost of flash media and Mini SD is pretty comparable at some stores if seen flash higher... One more perk is that transfer rate and energy consumption of mini SD is much better...so when thos of us are watching divx movies off the card you dont have to worry about the card draining alot of power from the already limited battery...its the 21century everythings mini get used to it.

PS MPX 220 rulz cant wait to buy one

Guest zeta101

miniSD is going to replace SD in the near future, so its not just the motorola being a pain in the arse, the HTC c500 has miniSD too.

At least miniSD doesnt seem to be priced extortionatly high at the moment, and it should come dwn in a few months time also.

Also, m guessing you have an mpx200 currently? what do you plan on doing with it? maybe selling it? in which case you can sell it along with your SD card(s)...so its not that bad really is it?

Guest Navec245

I generally keep my old phones when I upgrade. I have not yet found a way to do it without that process being a pain. Beside my MPX 200 would be a nice backup phone.

Yes I understand that technology changes and I can roll with it. I like it in fact. Regardless, the less hassle I have to go through the better!

Any thoughts what the price (US) is going to be for the MPX 220? The MPX I would love but that will be beyond my limits.

Guest zeta101

sorry, have no idea what it will cost, i dont even know what it will be in the UK...try some searches on here or on google if no one else knows.

Guest Connor00

I've heard unconfirmed reports that its in the $450 - $600cdn range (dude that beta tests them for motorola)...I understand that it will be closer to the $450 or lower...its getting closer though they're already putting out promotional offers so im getting excited...

Guest McHale

from everything I have heard, there will be no mini-SD wifi card. Also, I have confirmed with Motorola (Monica Rohleder more specifically) that there will be *NO* wifi add-on for the MPx220 (as was announced for the MPx100).

So if you want a smartphone with WiFi, the MPx220 is not the phone for you. Awesome phone and most will not care about WiFi, but for those of us that do, don't expect it.

Also, the MPx will be coming out next year in the same hardware style as the Motorola A630 so I think I'm going to wait a little while longer for the details to leak...

-sigh-

waiting and waiting and waiting...

-Mc