Weird Activesync Problem- Delete ALL Contact-Calendar On PC!

Guest yoos

The most scariest thing that has ever happened to me in regards to my phone has just happened about an hour ago... I was messing around with rebooting my phone several times trying to get an app working I installed and when I connected via activesync it said Calendar: 111 items not syncronized and Contacts: 197 items not syncronized. I was confused, disconnected it, reconnected it and the same thing happened. I didn't know what to do so I let it go... Then, ALL my calendar and contacts were deleted from my outlook!!!! They were still in my phone though??? I freaked out, bought Sprite Backup, backed up everything (but I'm not really sure if Sprite backs up calendar info), then read quite a bit of posts on modaco. I couldn't find anyone with the same problem as me in my searches, but I found someone with the exact opposite problem as me (everything on phone was deleted). I did what they did by deleting my partnership and then reconnecting to the PC. Activesync appears to have restored all my contact and calendar info to my pc/outlook after I chose the option to merge device data to pc...

Whew!!! That was scary! Glad it has appeared to work out...

I didn’t use Sprite Backup to restore my phone, but I’m still glad I have this app now for future use, and I now have a backup in case I need it…

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having strange problems again. I suspect it's the PC and not the phone... It happened again where I just connected the phone and it says there are hundreds of items that need to be sync'd!?!? What it also has been doing is sometimes taking away some of the things I sync. What I mean is that I have settings to sync calendar, contacts, and tasks. Sometimes it takes the calendar or contacts off from syncing?? For example, Activesync opens and the only thing it is syncing is the calendar and tasks???

Only thing I can think of that I did recently was start to use my phone as a modem via usb (I sync through USB too, but turn off the connect via usb when using it as a modem)...

Any ideas of the problem and how to fix it??