Orange privilege problem- available memory

Guest xandrax

Guest xandrax

I'm running into a problem that I think is due to privileges. Anyone have any input?

I'm writing an app that requires the user to download files from their desktop to their Smartphone. Part of that desktop interface is displaying how much available space they have on the storage card in their phone. I have a similar app for the Pocket PC and don't have any problems getting this info. I'm using cemisc.dll. It's not working in our Smartphone app.

I think this is due to limited access imposed by the carrier...

It does work on an MPX 200 Smartphone 2002 from AT&T which has no access restrictions.

It does not work on an Orange SPV E200 Smartphone 2003, as well as several other devices from O2 and Qtek. Even when building with a privileged development certificate we can call cemisc.dll but it doesn't call certain functions within that DLL.

I've used several third-party file explorers that display this information so it seems that it's possible. Do you think the developer privileged certificate does not really give the same access as a true privelaged certificate that comes directly from Orange?

Anyone run into something like this before?

• 2 weeks later...