EXCLUSIVE: Orange SPV C500 launch prices

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

We can exclusively reveal the launch prices for the C500, and they're stunning!

The C500 will launch in Orange shops very soon, and will be available (initially in Black), at a bargain price of FREE for everyone paying £25 or more per month!

:shock:

This fantastic price also applies to users upgrading out of contract - go ORANGE! :P

For those on cheaper contracts the phone will cost £79.99, and although a £179.99 price point for PAYG has been rumoured, we have not had official confirmation of this, and it is unlikely to be available in PAYG form at launch.

P

Guest idavid

what does 'user upgrading out of contract mean?'

does it refer to users of other networks?

people who havent had their phone for 12 months? [crosses fingers]

people upgrading before contract ends, ie with an extra fee to pay?

Guest Paul [MVP]

It means people who have had their phone more than 12 months.

Users who have had their phone less than 12 months will incur additional charges up to £100 I believe.

P

Guest Simon Desser
"]The C500 will launch in Orange shops very soon, 

P

Very soon in real terms, or very soon in Orange speak :?: :wink:

Seriously, any indications at all of when :?:

Cheers.

Ok, so I've had my contract for 6 months now, and it's on a £15pm contract, so that would mean to upgrade, it would cost £179.99 to get hold of a C500, yeah?

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'm hearing conflicting reports - some say Very Soon, some say Very Soon Orange styleeeeeee, but i'm erring on the side of 'Very Soon' :P

P

Guest Simon Desser
"]I'm hearing conflicting reports - some say Very Soon, some say Very Soon Orange styleeeeeee, but i'm erring on the side of 'Very Soon' :P

P

Cheers Paul :D

Fingers crossed :lol:

Guest Paul [MVP]

Correct, Orange shops have been told it is 'In Testing' (lol) and due for delivery this week.

These dates are notorious for slippage of course...

P

Guest Simon Desser
"]Correct, Orange shops have been told it is 'In Testing' (lol) P

But that's our job :wink: :P

Just release it, don't worry about testing it :D

Guest FragMeister

coolsmartphone have links to fonetastic - where on the £25/month tarrif, as well as the phone being free, you get £75 Cash Back (Ker-ching!)

Not sure I would want to buy from them, but it might be a good bargaining tool.

Alternative is to buy from an orange shop who have some good incentives too:

My local one is offering (as credits to your bill):

£50 tradein for any old handset -as long as it works - my wifes dodgy old Moto springs to mind :P

£75 bring a friend to Orange - shared between you

Guest Simon Desser

I've been quoted £75.00 + VAT to upgrade mid-contract, then the phone's free. :D

I'm well happy with that, I was prepared to take out a new contract :lol:

Can't wait :P

Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have been wondering about this for some time now :oops:

How do I go about to buy a C500, without getting the Orange contract? Or maybe it's not possible? I can live with it being locked to Orange, it's possible to unlock it here in Norway....I think? :roll:

I know it's gonna be released as qtek 8010 where I live, but I'd rather buy the Orange version, and we dont have orange in my country :P

I have heard about people in the states who use unlocked E200, so there must be some hope..lol

What do I do?

Guest markdotpeters5

I still just want to see what the video capture is like. (and the picture capture in low light).

If it's fast, and these two are good, I may pick it over the mpx220, particularly as the camera on it has got a right bashing, and I can't see the video capture being much cop either.

I'll have to pay the £100 upgrade fee, but sounds worthwhile imo

Guest Paul [MVP]

The camera is not hugely different to that of the e200 quality wise, maybe slightly better.

The responsiveness of the app is much improved tho, and the video can be attached to MMS now!

P

Guest Rajkay

Damn thats good news especially since 1) I went into CPWH and their mag said expected sept, and 2) the reasonable price of £80 means I can get rid of that cruddy T68i I've had for over a yr...

Can anyone confirm that it will be available only thru orange to begin with coz I'd prefer to buy through CPWH since I like their price reduction policy (i.e refund some money if the price of the handset falls during the next month!)

Rick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.