EXCLUSIVE: Orange SPV C500 launch prices

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest londonlad
I've been quoted £75.00 + VAT to upgrade mid-contract, then the phone's free. :D 

I'm well happy with that, I was prepared to take out a new contract :lol: 

Can't wait  :P

£75 !! Sounds wicked!

How much is your average monthly spend? Is it orange that quoted the price?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
How do I go about to buy a C500, without getting the Orange contract?

I have the same question: would it be possible for me to drop by to England some saturday this month and simply purchase C500 without subscription? how much will it cost without subscription then?

Guest mattscholey

You'll have trouble getting it without subscription. The Link were selling SPV's without connection a year ago, but I don't know if they do it any more. Try www.thelink.co.uk. Otherwise there's always ebay. Or you'll have to wait for Orange to release it on PAYG, for £179.99 if Paul's report is to be believed.

Matt

Guest www.msmobiles.com
You'll have trouble getting it without subscription.

What a pity Orange is just a local operator, not present in the largest country in EU... not to mention Americas...

However, regarding Orange SPV C500 I'll listen to any reasonable offer ... do not hesitate to contact me by means of PM or otherwise, if you would have any offers with regard to the C500...

Guest markdotpeters5

thanks for the link Zeta101, somehow I managed to miss that one :P

I'm tempted, I must say. The video capture from that page looks loads better than the e200...

Guest duncanbaker

I asked in the Norwich Orange shop last night and no one knew anything!

If you can upgrade for FREE on a £25 tariff would I be able to call Orange now and change my Everyday 50 tariff to something thats £25 which you can do anytime - then on Saturday when my contract runs out I should be able to upgrade for free? Otherwise I'll incur the £75 fee?

What do ya think?

Guest Jazz_UK
If you can upgrade for FREE on a £25 tariff would I be able to call Orange now and change my Everyday 50 tariff to something thats £25 which you can do anytime - then on Saturday when my contract runs out I should be able to upgrade for free?  Otherwise I'll incur the £75 fee?

What do ya think?

I updated earlier this year to the E200 and I was on a low tariff and just updated the tariff in the shop to £25 and picked the e200 up there and then!

However I had to wait for 3 months to downgrade to a lower tariff & I have heard that it is now 6 months on new contracts! Can anyone confirm

Thks

Jazz

Guest FragMeister
So what can I do as I currently have my original SPV on the virgin mobile tariff on Orange?

Unless this has changed recently, if you want to upgrade when you are on a virgin tariff, they will charge you the equivalent virgin price for a new handset - ie a fortune.

Best advice would be to phone O and go back onto a "talkplan". That way you will be able to upgrade without having to pay a fortune for the new handset.

You'll have trouble getting it without subscription.  The Link were selling SPV's without connection a year ago, but I don't know if they do it any more.  Try www.thelink.co.uk.  Otherwise there's always ebay.  Or you'll have to wait for Orange to release it on PAYG, for £179.99 if Paul's report is to be believed.

Matt

Ok, I will have to keep my eyes open then. Do you think it's a long time til it will be released on PAYG? Is that some sort of cash card subscription? I think I would prefer to buy it when it's on PAYG then, since I can probably buy it from a safe web site, and avoid getting ripped of like I could on ebay.

Guest mcolbeck

I just phoned my local orange shop and they told me that they can honour the orange online tariffs. So i was interested in the your plan 200 with 500 texts for 30 quid.

I then asked about the other deals they have on and you can get 50 quid for a trade in on any used handset and also if you get the phone number and contact details of a mate who is on an orange contract you can get another 50 quid to your account and they get 25 quid.

So to summarise you get a free c500 and 100 quid to spend so in theory you dont have to pay any line rental for 3 months.

Rock on!!!!

C500 here i come

Guest Paul [MVP]

50 quid new connection buyback is 30 quid if you are upgrading, but considering you can give them any old rubbish as long as it powers on, it's still a great deal!

P

Guest mattscholey
PAYG? Is that some sort of cash card subscription? I think I would prefer to buy it when it's on PAYG then, since I can probably buy it from a safe web site, and avoid getting ripped of like I could on ebay.

PAYG or Pay As You Go is basically where you pay before you make the calls, and it's taken out of the 'credit' you've paid for, so you don't get a bill, and there's no line rental. The phone would still be locked to Orange.

Matt

Guest SingyB

The C500 will launch in Orange shops very soon

I went into the orange shop in the Bullring, they advised not to even look at the E200, and wait for the C500, as it would be out soon, also said about the trade in; great to see I can trade in any old phone as long as it works! :P

PAYG or Pay As You Go is basically where you pay before you make the calls, and it's taken out of the 'credit' you've paid for, so you don't get a bill, and there's no line rental. The phone would still be locked to Orange.

Matt

Thanx for clearing that up for me matt :wink: (I have never been at a forum where people are this polite and helpful :shock: )

Hopefully it wont be long til it's available on PAYG.

Guest Kushan

Ok, so I picked up my E200 about 2 months ago on a £25 a month contract. If I wanted to upgrade to the C500 (with maybe handing in the E200) how much would I have to pay, if anything?

Guest Paul [MVP]

You're probably going to be shelling out a hundred quid to buy out your contract, and then paying nothing for the phone if you're on a 25 quid per month tariff, otherwise 80 quid.

Orange will only give you 30 quid buyback, so flog your e200 on eBay!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest ferret

If people are out of contact, but on a too low contact to get it for free, I'd suggest ringing the disconnections department and say "I'd love to upgrade to the c500 but am not paying the upgrade fee, here's my notice to terminate my account". I do this every year and have always been "tempted" to stay with orange through a free upgrade of my choice.

Good luck with beta testing people.

Guest pug206

i gote my c500 today from orange shop in cannock midlands they only had 1 in stock and to my delight they let me have it its my first smartphone so gote to get used to it like a bit lol what a cracking phone :P

Guest sponge

I'm just under 9 months on my £25pm contract and Orange (over the phone) told me the handset would be free, but there would be a fee of £100.

He hinted if I left it until the 2nd Sept (my 9 month date) then the fee would drop to around £75 (he wasn't quite sure). But he also recommended going to an Orange Shop as they offer part-exchange. But I may just wait until my contract has run the full 12 months and see how much it is then. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.