Confirmed - C500s shipping to stores now!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I've just had it confirmed, Orange are now shipping C500s to stores, with anticipated availability in store in the next week!

I can also confirm that I have been using a prerelease C500 unit for a short period of time - that I will be switching for a production unit tomorrow - and a full review will be online shortly!

In short...? IT ROCKS... as long as you really don't want to play games... STAY TUNED for the full lowdown!

P

Guest Animefan

Super cool dude.. :P

I just want to get my E200...

I have waited 18 days now and they said MAX 21 days!!

My dad is going to sue them very soon!! :evil:

Guest agent.m
"]In short...? IT ROCKS... as long as you really don't want to play games... STAY TUNED for the full lowdown!

P

sounds like sagem mys-7 for me then

Guest Croccy22

Paul, is it really that bad for playing games then? Seems an awful shame to physically deny the playing of games on a mobile phone that this time seems to be aimed more at the mass population, ie bluetooth, camera, java etc.

I would have thought that by now they would have learned a lesson and that is that if you want to sell loads of mobiles then they have to be able to play games! Even the professional business man would not buy a phone unless occasionally in meetings he can stick on a game and pass the hours.

Just my thoughts but I loved the look of this phone and the size and the functionality and they they ruined it with that scrolly thing. I'm gonna sit back on this one and see how other people get on with it. The next problem is of course that I ain't keen on the mpx220 either :P

Guess i'll be sticking with the old e200 until something better comes along.

Matt

Croccy22

Guest Colonel Trouble

Hmm Ipod mini ... or c500 . I have the mpx200 , but it lacks camera etc .

Decisions decisions .... I hope it comes out on payg :P

Guest mattscholey
Hmm Ipod mini ... or c500 . I have the mpx200 , but it lacks camera etc . 

Decisions decisions .... I hope it comes out on payg :P

If you like your music, get an ipod - they rock. I too hope it comes out on PAYG, or free on £15/month. That will allow me to get the phone for £180, which is a very good deal.

Matt

Guest Colonel Trouble

It's alrigth because hopefully I can get an ipod mini for my brithday (september) and then for christmass get the c500 as it will be time enough to tell if its really that great . I hope it will be though :P

Guest Gorskar

:cry: That silly rocker pad is such a shame, for an otherwise supurb handset. If it had a joystick that phone would be mine.... as not I'll be waiting for the sagem (bluetooth doesnt worry me that much)

Guest Pondrew
"]It is that bad for games Croccy... but Orange can fix it... ;-)

P

I understand it being bad for games, but what do you mean by Orange can fix it? They can't update the software to give it a new joypad!?!

Guest Disco Stu

I understand it being bad for games, but what do you mean by Orange can fix it? They can't update the software to give it a new joypad!?!

Attachable joystick ?

Guest foxy11

yeah jetmedia, i guess i'll leave it while tommorrow and phone them. Great work on the review, the little taster is very interesting!, im sure i speak for everyone when i say its much appreciated :P.

Gr...

Orange DK just changed the text on their site from

"will be launched in beginning of August"

to

"will be launched in the end of August"

/Jakob

Guest barkythedog

ok yet another rumor just spoken to the manager of my orange shop and hes expecting some in today all delivers have to be instore by midday hes taken my number and will get back to me if i havent heared anything by then i will ring them and then post the dissapointing answer i know it will be , the dog

Guest Paul [MVP]

As I posted, they are now shipping to stores, so depending on the store's delivery schedule, they'll arrive over the next week.

My silver retail unit arrived this morning, hurrah!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest markdotpeters5

Well, as predicted, O were about as much help as a one chocolate teapot, with 'sorry, we don't have a release date'.

I want it now! :P

"]As I posted, they are now shipping to stores, so depending on the store's delivery schedule, they'll arrive over the next week.  

My silver retail unit arrived this morning, hurrah!  

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Do you know when it will be available on PAYG?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.