Confirmed - C500s shipping to stores now!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lrchance

@paul: So where is the review on the Prelease and Retail versions

Lutzh says his is silver/blueish and that he wants the retail BLACK

Paul says he 'played' with a prerelease version (i suppose black)

and that you just received the RETAIL Silver version.

In any event lutzh has a very nice thread with real live pics

and recordings with what seems to be a pre-release silver/blue-tint

model.... and that the final retail version is BLACK.

The manner inwhich Lutzh found the time to report and answer questions on the C500 is very refreshing to the common 'report coming soon'.

I dont see why 'report coming soon' should be top on the frontnews

page whilst a complete Q/A from Lutzh is not.

Its either you have the phone or not, I think everyone here is interested

in the facts and not who got what 1st.

Guest ferryrich

nice first post! :shock:

Probably someone in disguise of course :wink:

It takes a lot longer to complete a professional standard report on a phone than it does to take to few photos and answer a few questions.

Be patient for the report, it shall come...

Guest Paul [MVP]

Hehe, some people are unbelievable, it hardly warrants a reply does it!

I think you'll actually find I have answered a lot of questions about the phone already, it's nothing at all to do with who got what first, and the only reason for posting the preview was to make people aware of the problem with games, and counter that with the great battery performance.

P (tryingreallyhardnottocallpeoplenames)

Guest gcparris

Has anyone actually found any Orange shop (in London) selling the C500's yet? I've just rang around 10 in central London and they all reckon 2 weeks. Orange themselves don't have any and they told me to ring their Orange retail shops!!

I WANT IT NOW !

Gareth

Guest jasonkentwest

Thanks for the comprehensive review. I am ready to upgrade from my E100.......except I can't! :P Or I should say, Orange won't let me. :cry: Although Orange has launched the phone (finally!), it is only available for those signing up for new contracts and not existing Orange customers! I was told this was the way the mobile phone industry works. Huh? What do they gain (other than money) from following this policy in support of their existing customers? If the C500 was not an exclusive to Orange, I would be switching providers right now. Does it make sense that EXISTING customers don't have any priority and are delayed in being able to purchase it? It was confirmed by Orange that if I cancelled my present phone contract and then signed up as a 'new user', I would be able to order it today. Now, does this make sense? Businesses spend millions of £s trying to keep customers (look at all the deals phone & cable companies will make to keep you as a customer for another year if you threaten to leave), you would think that they would reward their existing contract customers in having first chance at a new phone. :?

Guest Paul [MVP]

I myself am also tired of the way networks treat existing customers, but it's worth double checking you have been given the right information in this case... I would be tempted to call back and speak to a different operator, and also speak to your local Orange Retail store...

Orange Retail at least will DEFINITELY be making it available to upgrade users...

P

Guest winterdude

just been able to hold one at lunch time (in stirling) but this was onlay the shops demo model none for retail yet. the screen looked good

but i wanted to take it home and give a nice life with me

ps.

orange edinburgh just told me they have got there demo in today

and will be wednesday at best befoure they get there next shipment

Guest cactusbob

Yes nothing in either Milton Keynes store.

One says next Wednesday, they'll call me when they turn up. The other says next Thursday but as they're a small store maybe they won't get any.

I feel my life slipping away like Oranges release dates do

CB

Guest jasonkentwest

Gareth - I just spoke to my 'spy' in Orange @ Chiswick and he said they were told they will be available next week, the 18th. He said he didn't know if sales would be restricted only to new contracts or whether exisiting Orange customers could purchase it. He hadn't heard (see my previous message) of that policy. Although he said the 18th, you know how these launches go...... we can only hope!

Guest markdotpeters5

argh! went all the way into town and they've "lent" the phone to another store. gutted. I'll have a look in Milton Keynes at the weekend. Want to get my grubby little mitts on one of these bad boys!

Guest doyle_am

I called Orange Uxbridge this morning and they took stock of ONE C500 (black) yesterday.

Asked if I could come down straight away and have it and they said YES!

So I've not got a nice new C500 and must say it is shockingly quick. Not even the tinyest amount of waiting for things to load, and have yet to see the new 'egg-timer' :P

Start calling those stores now!

Guest duncanbaker

Oh yes - how I feel for those poor souls that have to wait all the while until Wednesday - that would be 3 whole days to go!

Guess what I've got - thats right one of these little babies. By a stroke of luck the Norwich Orange shop had their demo in today - which they accidently sold to me!!!

This thing is the dog's nuts!!!!

How I've ranted over the years and waited for a whole lunchbreak for some moron in the Orange shop to tell me something I already knew! Well today having no idea about your job has finally paid off!! I shouldn't own this at the moment - but frankly I don't care!

Guest winterdude

sweet just managed to get one from one of the smaller orange shops in Edinburgh (ocean terminal) this little girl rocks my world so far (sill have to get gprs set up) looks good though

i did notice i got a 16mb try mini SD and not a the 32 that was mentioned

no big deal as needs to be @least 256mb to useful im going to get back to it

Guest winterdude

think im being a bit dum here

i take a pic (looks nice)

check out the thumbnails in the media album

then select the pick i want to send to my other phone /PC

but i can only see opions for MMS and email

not Bluetooth or IR

can seem to find the corect way to do this any ideas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.