SPV c500 availability

Guest sparkisgti

should add - comedy moment on the phone today - "so, you don't have any phones in stock, which means I can't switch to the new tariff yet. Can you remind me why I should stay with orange?"

"er...not really...sorry"

Guest Xenzo1990

Argh, i'm going away from 17th - 25th - Do you guys think my orange store will have stock still by then? I wonder if i could reserve one that far in advance? What you think, oh also, CPW get then in october so f*ck them.

Guest squall
Argh, i'm going away from 17th - 25th - Do you guys think my orange store will have stock still by then? I wonder if i could reserve one that far in advance? What you think, oh also, CPW get then in october so f*ck them.

I think they will be on general release by then, but i think they are going to sell out fast. I doubt they will let you reserve.

Guest beckett1

The smallest smartphone in the world has officially launched here in the UK today. However amongst all the fanfare and celebrations from people waiting for this phone, no-one can order it. Orange are experiencing technical problems on their databases resulting in their sales staff getting an "out of stock" message even though the phone launched today and the system alerts sales people that stocks are available. Orange has been experiencing a lot of technical problems recently following on from last weeks network outage for users of certain SIM cards.

Guest Ashbie

:) Just rang orange and upgraded to a c500 for free. Will be here tom. Still shows as coming soon on website but they have them in stock.

Laters.

Guest podavies
:) Just rang orange and upgraded to a c500 for free. Will be here tom. Still shows as coming soon on website but they have them in stock.

Laters.

What number did you ring

Guest JampoTT

Pah

Somewhat annoyingly, I've just come off the phone to Orange...

Despite me being inelligible for upgrade (til November) they were still happy to offer it for free.

However, the phone is showing "available" within the system, but not appearing in the drop down box to apply to my account as an upgrade... so it would appear I can't order it yet!! :)

Any ideas what to tell them to get around their lousy system?

Guest podavies
Pah

Somewhat annoyingly, I've just come off the phone to Orange...

Despite me being inelligible for upgrade (til November) they were still happy to offer it for free.

However, the phone is showing "available" within the system, but not appearing in the drop down box to apply to my account as an upgrade... so it would appear I can't order it yet!! :)

Any ideas what to tell them to get around their lousy system?

spoke to orange they said phones will be on the system at 3pm today

Guest Simon Desser

Just got mine :)

I'm lovin' it :P

I just paired it with my PC, and two seconds later, it's syncing and browsing the net over bluetooth, no settings, no hassle :D

(I NEVER managed that with my E200 despite following EVERY suggestion :oops: )

So far, it's WICKED :!:

Guest Simon Desser
So are people getting the upgrade for free sometimes even though their contracts not over?

No, I got the phone for free, but an "upgrade fee" of £75.00 + VAT goes on my next bill, 'cos I'm mid contract.

Guest JampoTT

No, I got the phone for free, but an "upgrade fee" of £75.00 + VAT goes on my next bill, 'cos I'm mid contract.

So far it sounds like I'm not being charged the £75 fee...

Guest Phil Lee

Just got off the phone from O and have upgraded from an original SPV to a C500 for free :) The operator was originally going to charge me £79.99 for the upgrade even though I'm out of contract. I said that I'd read somewhere that it would be a free upgrade and she said she'd look at my bills and see what she could do. She looked at my last 3 months and saw that they were over £40 even though I'm on a £20 contract and said I could have it for free :P What I didn't tell her was that O made an error on my last bill which distorted the average spend. The new phone will be here on Thursday.

they've been telling me it's not online on their system yet, so they can't confirm prices, but they'll call me back later this pm when it is... hmmm.....

Guest h3adl0ng

Can you believe it?...

After reading this topic, I phoned 150, 4, 5, 1 and spoke to a *very* helpful call centre guy (deliberately omitting the term "monkey" coz he was good). C500's are in stock, yes you can upgrade (even tho I'm inside 1st 12 months). On my current tarif, I would have to pay £79 for the phone and £75 to upgrade inside 1st year of contract.

So I said ok, I would like to go ahead - he mentioned that if my tarif (on Line 1) was over £25, then I could get the phone for free (but still have to pay £75 upg fee). I said "ok, what tarifs could I change to?". He detailled several choices of tarifs that would be more then £25 per month. I selected one and was starting to get a bit excited :). He then mentioned the bad news...

... "unfortunately, today happens to be your billing date and as such, you cannot change your tarif today" ...

[deflate] "B U GG R"

However, the guy was very helpful and suggested visting my local Orange store tomorrow to get the phone. He also gave me their phone number!

Good luck to anyone else trying to upgrade through Orange 150 today - looks like they are ready and waiting!

That's interesting, i've been speaking to somone in 'retentions' and their system isn't up yet. But the people in retentions reckon they get the new phones available first!!

Guest kurtfhouse

Just ordered my C500 via 150, spoke to a very helpful women, the phone was free, upgrade fee was £75, which I have been told by a not so happy girlfriend I MUST get back by selling my MPx200 and if needed Gameboy Advance SP on ebay :)

My mate is joining Orange this week and I am recommending him so I will get £25 credit to my account, so the upgrade is down to £50 :P

Should arrive Thurday, can't wait :D

Guest JampoTT

Well I just called again. Its now properly on the system. Ordered and should be with me within the next 1-2 working days...

Only slight hiccup this time was the delivery address - their system couldn't find the address of the building I work in. Slightly surprising, as it is a pretty large (and not brand new) building - but I'll let them off, as I doubt they have to ship to a T Mobile office very often (I kid you not!)

*chuckle*

Guest JampoTT

Through ordinary 150...

the way I look at it, I could scream and shout and make a fuss and go to retentions and end up with a load of free text messages and some extra free minutes, and maybe a freebie C500, or I could accept what is already a very good deal, and get a C500 totally free, more than 3 months before I'm actually due to upgrade from my E200 (which I got sometime in November last year...)

Had I been out of contract, I'd have gone to retentions and maybe negotiated a better package - but my desire to have the handset immediately combined with the good deal they are already offering, meant it was a no brainer for me...

fair enough.

i'm out of contract, so keen to rinse them for all they're worth!

(so far - select 500 + 120 texts + £50 cashback)

of course, the only reason they want to keep me is that i've been paying them silly amounts of money the past few months anyway...

Guest techno12

Argh, just phoned Retentions. It's in stock, but they don't have the "pricing matrix" yet, so they don't know what to charge me - it ought to be free as I'm upgrading my tariff from £15 to £25 and they were offering a K700 for £10 (isn't the c500 meant to be cheaper than the K700?)

really weird how that's working out - retentions called me back at 4 this afternoon, all sorted, but apparently it was either/or on the cashback/texts. bah. still, new toy to play with as of thursday...