C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Me too, except mine went back 2 hours! Timezone is set to GMT London. Didn't even get a confirmation message that it had altered the clock, I used to on my mk1 spv.

Same thing here, except my clock is set to Western Europe time as I live in CH. Quite strange...

Guest floater

Both mine and my girlfriends c500 went back 8 hours on sunday night without confirmation message. neither of us have updated our phones yet.

the time on both our phones when i woke was 1:51am. My guess is that there is a rule on the phone that tells it to knock the time back one hour when it hits 2 am, unfortunately, it kept doing it every hour!!

I set my phone time back to try and recreate the issue but it gives me the alert now telling me it has adjusted the time for daylight saving.

I cant be bothered to investigate the exact behaviour of this bug cos i just dont care that much!

Guest lghooker

The C500 doesn't have the Orange Answerphone number assigned to key '1' - so when you get a message the right-hand soft key and the '1' key should act as speed-dial buttons but they don't.

Orange tell me that this bug affects ALL C500s!

I checked this with an Orange shop and was told the same.

I use the phone for work and get a lot of voicemail messages so it's really really annoying!

What a complete load of cr*p (from Orange)!

Mine's working perfectly ok; both the 1 and the right soft key. It gets configured by a SIM update sent by the operator (Orange in my case). Some people have had a problem with the incorrect voicemail number being set up but that's very easily rectified by manually entering the correct number. Details are in plenty of other threads ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

You can change the number in StartSettingsPhoneCall Options

The C500 doesn't have the Orange Answerphone number assigned to key '1' - so when you get a message the right-hand soft key and the '1' key should act as speed-dial buttons but they don't.

Orange tell me that this bug affects ALL C500s!

I checked this with an Orange shop and was told the same. 

I use the phone for work and get a lot of voicemail messages so it's really really annoying!

Guest actualliam

Got another one for you lot

Once you have sent a MMS or video message, a message report is sent back to you saying "system administrator - message status", if you try and read this message your spv c500 will freeze"

you will not be able to do anything but soft reset your phone!!!

I have spoken to orange who say they are now aware of this problem and are trying to sort it out, if this does happen to you, just delete the system admin message that you recieve, the photo/video message will get through, but bit delayed!

hope i have helped!

p.s. im on my second spv c500 now, the first one's battery went belly up!

but this second one, apart from the message thing seems to be working dandy!

EDITED BY DIDCO STU - DO NOT POST LINKS TO FILE SHARING SITES - SEE FORUM RULES

Re the multipress bug on the C500:

When playing Wolfenstein I can happily fire bullets using the star key while holding down any joystick direction. However, the same combination (star-key plus direction) does not work in Picodrive.

Incidentally, I cannot open doors in Wolfenstein (hash key) while holding down a joystick direction. I am not sure if this is by design in Wolfenstein or an instance of the multipress bug.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunlite52

I only got my phone yesterday so can't say for now but I have just downloaded the new rom version and some of the bugs have gone. Like the video into the mms (I've tried that and it works for 30secs of video) and apparantly the game flickering thing has been dealt with haven't yet downloaded any games to see. Orange say that the mms/email speed has been increased (GPRS claase 10), new version of packet video, and the memeory saturation problem with the photos has been resolved.

Well will go back to setting up my new phone.

Guest kyrkesmith

Got another one!

Possibly the most major bug on any SPV series phone :)

If your keypad is locked, and you pressthe unlock softkey, then press the red call end button, the left softkey changes to say Unlock again. However, when pressing it, it has the effect of Cancelling the unlock.

Guest D__J__M

Isn't that against Modaco's rules? Either way, Suprnova is dead now. I'm not sure whether he understands the fact that only some of the programs on there were free, therefore the rest being illegal to download. :/

Guest Leaskovski

Does anyone know what the beef is about Voice dialing when you keypad is looked and your are using headset mode? Eh? Is this jobbie gonna be fixed or has someone found a work around?

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if anyone has already posted this earlier in the thread but i couldn't be 4rsed reading through 16 pages to find out! to get round the bug that doesn't let you find any sounds to send when you go to compose a new MMS, you can instead use the SmartExplorer app to do so:

- record the sound you want

- go into SmartExplorer & find the sound you just created

- select File > Send & Receive > Send by email or MMS

- then select Media Messages from the Messaging menu

- ta-da! your sound is attached to an MMS message, waiting to be sent, once you've added a recipient

hope that helps someone :)

wes

Guest scott2eyes

I've found an odd bug with the email- when my C500 is connected via activesync and I try to download email, it fails to connect and gives an error message saying to check proxy/dial up settings. Internet Explorer works fine, so it's not the GPRS connection, and as soon as I unplug it, it works fine.

Not a massive problem, as if I'm connected to a PC I can get my email on there, but very frustrating if you can't figure out why it isn't working...

Guest tsutton
I've found an odd bug with the email- when my C500 is connected via activesync and I try to download email, it fails to connect and gives an error message saying to check proxy/dial up settings. Internet Explorer works fine, so it's not the GPRS connection, and as soon as I unplug it, it works fine.

Not a massive problem, as if I'm connected to a PC I can get my email on there, but very frustrating if you can't figure out why it isn't working...

I believe it's documented. If you plug it in, it assumes that you want to access via your computer network/Internet. But yeah it should be a settings to allow GPRS access while plugged in. Maybe in ActiveSync settings?

Guest fraktal

Anyone else have problems with bluetooth? I can't send files to other mobiles or computers, it just says "searching" for ever (on the "beam" screen with the IR)

Edited by fraktal

Guest FatBloke23
Anyone else have problems with bluetooth? I can't send files to other mobiles or computers, it just says "searching" for ever (on the "beam" screen with the IR)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too!

I got my C500 today and so far am a bit miffed, really. Looks great, the internet access is lovely, but the BT/IR connectivity seems a fair way behind my old SE T610.

Not being able to send pictures via BT is bad enough, but I've not been able to send contacts to my T610 either - it registers the phone nicely, but then (after I hit 'Beam') stays on 'Pend' indefinitely. While I can cancel by hitting Home, I cannot then go back to see the rest of my contacts without switching the phone off.

Actually, it does seem to be a good phone, but I just expected a _great_ phone :?:

Guest chucky.egg

There are some phones that I've never been able to send stuff to by BT, not sure what makes/models (I normally find them when Bluejacking! so I never get to see the phone)

I thought a few people had done some tests to see what handsets you could send to.

You could try a search for "+bluetooth +send" but I don't recall the thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bikespod

Hello MoDaCo. Its been quite a while. I am coming up to upgrade time with orange and was considering the C500, but having read this thread and seen that orange are still punting out products that haven't been tested fully, i think i will stick with what i've got.

I used to have the original SPV and the E200 ( well about 8 of them ) due to hardware probs and those lovely orange updates :evil:

I take my hat off to all of you who are still tolerating orange and their inability to listen to users. I simply can't believe there are still issues that were evident on the original SPV and E200

Shame :D I had hopes of a change in oranges approach, and thought HTC might have sorted themselves. Would have been nice to get back to MoDaCo too.

Back to my P900 :roll: , not quite as modifiable as the SPV range and nowhere near as much software, but it works almost faultlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

under certain circumstances, you can hear audio from the speakers as well as the headphones,

windows media player will quit even if you have selected 'background play' and

i cant log into msn messenger if i select 'remember password'

Guest mike_freegan

Here's my list of pet hates :lol:

1. There is no way to edit tasks after entering them

2. Even on silent games and media still plays full volume. I think 'silent' should make your handset totally silent to avoind embarrassment.

3. Can't set times or priority for tasks

4. No wireless send as standard (WTF if you're not a techie whizz just a businessman and you haven't heard of smartexploroer? I use my phone to BT lecture notes all the time).

5. Does anyone else's screen randomly light up? It looks like you're recieving a call on silent so I drag myself out of bed.. but no, it's just doing it to pass the time. Does anyone else's do this?

6. My volume buttons stopped working after 2 days. Needed to factory restore.

7. No way to 'delete all completed' tasks. I use about 25 tasks a day. Its just annoying as it's time needlessly wasted.

Grrr. Anyone else suffer these problems? With such massive internal memory it wouldn't have hurt HTCC to have made the applications a bit more functional... or do a bit of product testing and customer feedback.