C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest markcastle

Probably not a bug, probably more by design... more of an annoyance than anything....

Orange SPV Content doesn't display when connecting through a passthrough connection. It wouldn't be that hard for them to filter on HTTP_USER_AGENT rather than IP Address. Or are they just after stopping non-orange users accessing the content too from non-orange SPV's? (The user agent string does say C500)

Guest britgamer

hey its my 1st post, shame its a bug. On my c500 if you move the joystick up as far as it will go on the menu screen and then move it down as far as it will go it still thinks your going up! works vice versa as well.

Its not a huge problem but i guess it would be in certain games

Guest pgamble

I have put my Vodafone sim card in my SPV C500, and it is asking for a Network unlock code. Does any one know how to set the phone to work with any sim cards??? Thanks :roll:

Guest ritchieme

I have been playing with the voice dial and voice tags to launch programs but it would only work now and again, about 3 times out of 10, it seems to recognise the tag because the phone repeats it back, but doesnt always launch the program. then I sussed it, turn the blue toothe off and it works every time :-(

Also holding down the 1 key for answerphone doesnt work, is there any way I can edit the number assigned to this key ? does anyone else have the same problem ?

Thanks

Ritchie

Guest Jasonkruys

When you have bluetooth on, but no network signal, the blue light doesn't flash, like on the e200. Both green and blue flash when you have a signal, but when you don't, nothing, nada, zip

Guest JobiWan

Just got my phone 2 days ago...

Bugs as follows

You're supposed to be able to play midi files as ringtones, which you can.

Every time i try to assign a contact a unique ringtone it says there's a problem with the ring tone.

Also the manual tells you to put them in a new folder but the phone only picks them up if you put them in the windows folder.

When I turn the phone off and on, all the midi files I've installed are gone.

Also why can't you use MP3s as ringtones (more a gripe than a bug I know)

Welcome to the Forum :)

Bugs as follows

You're supposed to be able to play midi files as ringtones, which you can.

So it's not a bug?!

Every time i try to assign a contact a unique ringtone it says there's a problem with the ring tone.

What is the error message? What is the file type you are assigning? Where is the file stored?

Also the manual tells you to put them in a new folder but the phone only picks them up if you put them in the windows folder.
Not true. Put them in /Storage/Application Data/Sounds. They'll be picked up fine there.

When I turn the phone off and on, all the midi files I've installed are gone.

True. Anything you place in /windows will be deleted when you soft-reset the phone, which is why you shouldn't put anything there :P

hey its my 1st post, shame its a bug. On my c500 if you move the joystick up as far as it will go on the menu screen and then move it down as far as it will go it still thinks your going up! works vice versa as well.

Its not a huge problem but i guess it would be in certain games

yeah this could cause some awful problems in games. i really hope it's a software problem and not something to do with hardware interrupts

Guest midnight

actually, i now see what you mean, if you or on the start menu and you press up for a while (it'll repeat top to bottom) and quickly press down it will go down, but if i press up quickly again it will keep going down, i think this is only on the start menu though, i dont think games are affected.

Just tried this on the e100 and if i press up for a while the cursor goes up, but if i press down quickly then it just stops, so maybe they changed the way the start menu works so it works slightly better. Either way i dont think its a serious fault.

Guest britgamer
i think this is only on the start menu though, i dont think games are affected.

Im afraid not Iv tried it on picodrive (only game I'v got on my phone) an i have the same problem although it isnt very obvious unless you luck for it

Guest briandevine

Pressing the camera button when the phone is powered down causes the phone to switch on then lock up

I haven't seen this one posted, but if I switch off my C500 by momentarily pressing the on/off button and selecting power down (option 1) from the menu list, the phone can be turned on simply by pressing the camera button. However, this either locks up the phone or shows the camera view with no option to do anything. The phone then needs to be reset by removing the battery.

Guest fultonius

When keypad is locked, phone sometimes freezes up

Sometimes, when trying to unlock my kepad, the unlock button will not activate the screen which allows you to press * to unlock, to get it to work you have to randomly press all the bottons on the keypad until it decides to start working again.

Guest Pagemakers

Email Bug

I see the C500 and still got the pop3 email bug....

Download serveral email headers. Select one of them for complete download and the wrong email gets downloaded.

Guest SteelyDan
I don't suppose it is a bug as such, but unless I have missed something, you still can't send a contact (business card) via SMS. You can via IR/BT though.  :?

They STILL haven't implemented this?

I was hoping 2003 SE would have included this incredibly basic function - I don't think I've used another phone that can't do this.

One thing that is a shame with smartphones is that you cant choose what updates to install as you can with a computer , as orange had screwed up the e200 with its update on the sound ( the buzz saga ) we have an orange update function in the phone would be nice to be able to use it just to update say on the game bugs without a complete new rom upgrade that causes problems , as for me the only real bug i have is the games and don't want the rest screwed up by orange , surly the orange update was created for that purpose or have i lost the plot :roll: :roll: :roll:

Steelydan, there is a freeware app that allows you to send contacts via SMS that has been released recently. It is listed somewhere on Modaco. And I agree that it is a serious omission.

Guest bosshogg
Pressing the camera button when the phone is powered down causes the phone to switch on then lock up

This doesn't happen on mine - the only way I can turn on the phone is via the power button. However I can get it to kind of happen if I press the camera button WHILE the phone is shutting down, then I get the orange shutdown screen in the backgound and the viewfinder in the middle of the screen...

Guest kittenlou

Hi!

I finally got my new C500 yesterday!

Fed up with it already!! :oops:

Everytime I try to allocate a picture to a caller id - the flamming phone crashes. Then its a battery out job!!

Anyone else had this problem?? :?: