Stuck on "Format IPSM" during hard reset. Please

Guest ajsnow

Guest ajsnow

Hi all -

Subject line says it all. My mpx200 hangs on the "HELLOMOTO" screen when I turn it on. I tried removing the battery and doing the on-plus-blue-button hard reset as recommended elsewhere in this forum. It gets through the "Erasing Flash" quickly, but then gets stuck on "Format IPSM". There's a red bar underneath those words; I assume that's supposed to be a progress bar, but it doesn't move from solid red. I left it that way for about 45 minutes before giving up.

Does anyone know (1) whether I was maybe just too impatient, or (2) if there's anything else I can try, or (3) if I just need to give up and call tech support?

Thanks very much ...

Aaron

Guest squall

try holding the power + record (press the volume button on the side straight in) on my rom it asks if i want to master reset.

if that doesnt work i would call cs.

Guest ajsnow

Thanks squall. But like I said, I was able to get into Master Reset; it just hanged on "Format IPSM" and wouldn't complete the Reset.

(But I did try what you said; power + record didn't give me the Master Reset option.)

- A

Guest hotphil
Try flashing your phone with another ROM. If that doesn't work, you might have to send your phone back under warranty.

I'd be careful with that bit of advice - pretty sure flashing the ROM'll invalidate any warranty!! And if it doesn't fix the problem, you've then got to flash it back before claiming anything under warranty. If there's any warranty left, may be best to go down that avenue first.

Guest raidersbball21

Let me know if you find the answer to this problem because mine ist doing the same thing. I need my phone badly too. I will research and if I find anything I'll post.

Guest ajsnow
Let me know if you find the answer to this problem

The other day I was in contact with one other person on another mpx200 forum who had this identical problem too. He tried hard reset and flashing, and nothing worked. (I've tried flashing too; it always fails before completing.) Unfortunately, he said he had to send his in for warranty repair, because it turned out the phone's memory was damaged. Since I haven't seen any other suggested fixes, I'll be filling out a FedEx airbill pretty soon ...

- A

Guest awarner [MVP]

It has been posted here about the mpx200 being stuck on teh helo moto screen but strangly enough the problem appears to be more AT&T phone related than the Orange version of the mpx200 :?

I'd be careful with that bit of advice - pretty sure flashing the ROM'll invalidate any warranty!! And if it doesn't fix the problem, you've then got to flash it back before claiming anything under warranty. If there's any warranty left, may be best to go down that avenue first.

I'm sure there are a lot of things that invalidate the warranty. However, when you send your phone back, they don't really care if it's flashed or not. I've sent back a flashed phone before, and it didn't seem to matter.

Guest awarner [MVP]

All depends if you want to take the risk or not.

Normally the first thing they do is reflash the phone but if

someone was to check what you were running etc then questions would be asked.