Reception on C500 - How is it?

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

A question for the few lucky C500 owners out there.

How do you find the reception on your new little black beauties? Does it hold on to a signal well in weak areas?

I've always found the E200 to be good in that department (better than a P900 & much better than an mpx200) & I'm hoping the C500 will also be good?

Can anyone say how it compares to an E200?

Posted from my very old fashioned E200 :P !

Guest doyle_am

Side by side with an E100 the reception on the C500 is better (by a bar or two). But I have noticed a little fluctuation in certain parts of the house that doesn't happen to the E100.

The true test will be the office in the morning where I'm lucky if I get 1 bar on orange.

Guest aristoBrat
Side by side with an E100 the reception on the C500 is better (by a bar or two).  But I have noticed a little fluctuation in certain parts of the house that doesn't happen to the E100.

The true test will be the office in the morning where I'm lucky if I get 1 bar on orange.

I'm curious how your C500 did at your office.

Both my home and office are 1 bar on my E100. Other model phones usually get no signal. If the C500 can meet or beat the E100, then the C500 is my next phone. I was hoping that the MPx220 would have better RF than the MPx200, but my gut feeling is that's not going to be the case.

Excellent reception for me, although I had an Orange signal booster 10m away from me so perhaps thats a little inaccurate. Use with bluetooth headsets has been a charm, i've tested it with the Sony Ericsson HBH-60, Motorola HS810, Motorola HS820 and Plantronics M1000 with no problems with any of them.