MPX200 Problems (SP2002)

Guest nytehawk2002

Guest nytehawk2002

My wife's MPX is acting up for no obvious reason. She's been having problems with it just shutting off, no warning. She'll go to make a call and the screen will just go black. I've tried swapping out batteries and that hasn't helped. I've tried a hard reset, and I've even tried a different SP2002 rom. (1.12 -> 1.52)

Any other things to look at or try?

Of course these are unlocked phones and we're not with AT&T... :sigh: T-Mobile Sucks in the US for not having nice phones.

Guest squall

if hard resetting / installing new rom didnt fix the issue its likely to be some sort of hardware fault. I would look to contact motorola / the retailer. hopefully they wont notice the rom change

Guest nytehawk2002

OK.. this is just plain weird. I've tried 4 different batteries in this phone. It seems to favor a 3.6v 700mah battery. It dies with a 3.7 600mah, dies with a 3.6 600mah and dies with a 3.6 850mah. But with this 700mah battery it has been happier than a clam. I'm stumped as to the cause.

BTW All those other batteries are working FINE in other people's MPXs

Guest Rivernet1

Here's an idea...

Did you flash the phone to WM2003? If you did, did you also flash the GSM fix on it?

The WM2003 has a serious glitch in it, where the phone just "dies" after 1-2 minutes of use.

My 2c

Guest GoMatt
Here's an idea...

Did you flash the phone to WM2003? If you did, did you also flash the GSM fix on it?

The WM2003 has a serious glitch in it, where the phone just "dies" after 1-2 minutes of use.

My 2c

I upgraded and haven't had a problem. With sms, gprs or voice.

Guest Rivernet1

When I used the Super_Moto one - it kept locking up every now and then. To the point where I had to pop the battery out and re-start it.

Then I got Super_Moto_2 (German) and after trying to figure it out I made an instruction sheet, found the GSM fix and it's ok. But it still blanks the screen after 2 minutes - when I'm using it, or surfing. It never does it when I'm on a phone call.

Odd...

Did you install the GSM fix? And if you did - did you have to do another Hard Reset?

Guest GoMatt

After I upgraded the ROM, I booted it up like it said, and it got stuck on the Hellomoto screen. I took out the battery, then did a hard reset.

Not one problem.