PHOTO in SMS vs BATTERY LENGTH

Guest rvonfeldt

Guest rvonfeldt

Hey folks. I know awhile ago, there were posts on how to IMPROVE battery life by disabling the PHOTO ATTACH to SMS option (or something like that). Can someone explain this situation again - why it saves memory - and how to disable. I would much rather have more battery life if this can be shut off. Thanks for the advice! - Rick

Guest ferret

Are you talking about the Caller ID?

If so go to the startup folder and delete the exe file referring to Caller ID. I've deleted mine but from memory it's something like "Start_Caller_ID.exe" or something. You could cut and paste it to somewhere else if you'd like to use Caller ID in the future. You might have to try a combination of renaming the file, changing the extension or Application Unlocking your phone.

Saying that, I haven't noticed a vast improvement in battery life. The reason I disable it, is because the templates are a bit naff, and I can't be bothered to create or download more pit files.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rvonfeldt

I am not sure the answer below is what I am looking for. If I remember correctly - this is not exactly caller id - but the program that runs and pops up a photo for caller id.

There are programs called:

ia_caller_id.exe

ia_photo_contact.exe

I want to find the original posts - or solid info that tells me that one of these run in the background - and by disabling it - the one for photo id - it saves dramatically on the battery.

I know I read this recently - but can't find the thread!!!