I-mate smartphone2 resets with programs and data missing

Guest Elliot

Guest Elliot

I recently turned off my imate smartphone2 to save power and when i turned it back on again it displayed a dll from my windows dir that may be from an unknown source. I thought i recognised it and since i had not connected it to my computer for some time i let it run. after that it came up with a message saying 'home screen layout missing'. also my start menu has only 12 programs, many dont open. and i cannot access my settings or file manager, it also wont sync on my pc.

should i do a hard reset? if not is there anything else i can try?

hi elliot,

hard reset sounds right but as it seems your phone already did a hard reset... i would charge the phone completely until the led turns green and then hardreset again. if you need more help feel free to contact me.

cheers, lutz

Guest Elliot

hi lutzh, thanks for the reply.

is this what is supposed to happen when a hard reset is performed?

i tried following the steps in the hard reset topic and it wont enter the prompt menu, it just continues loading.

once its started it still comes up with 'this file is from an unknown source and may not be trustworthy' and a few seconds later it displays the message 'your phone is running out of storage space'

this next question is a stupid one - do i need an sd card to do a hard reset?

well there are two ways: first, doing it from canary screen (best way to get there is with a sd card inserted). second way is starting the device and then erasing storage in menu. if you need more help contact me via msn messenger please or by pm.

cheers, lutz