C500 Stock Delivery

Guest legalbeagle

Guest legalbeagle

I overheard them selling the "last one" to another chap when I picked mine up - ringing ahead to have one set aside was a good idea!

But it is pretty fantastic compared to my ageing canary. Biggest improvement: earphones that don't slip out quite as easily (though they look like they'll still tangle).

Otherwise, I like the screen, being able to take half decent quality movies, integrated camera (no enormous need for greater resolution: the limitation is the lens quality, not the size of the ccd). Super fast menus and load times. Full screen mode on windows media player which opens in landscape mode (I'll have to recode all my .wmvs to the new full size). Super fast framerate in media player. Nice homepage skin. Plus 1000x greater build quality than for the canary. And the rocker button is great - I wouldn't have thought it would be problematic for games at all, once a fix is found for the flicker bug in some games.

Downside is having to buy new mini SD cards - I will have a lot of spare cards for my camera, now. And it does not come with a nice cradle a la canary. But mini usb port seems to transfer data faster (is it usb2?). And can now power up from my laptop. It is not tiny compared to SPV canary, but it is sufficient amount smaller to compete on looks with other phones as well as being able to do all the windows stuff we love!

Guest legalbeagle
Also, do you reckon they'll match an online sq deal?

Orange shop gave me phone for free upgrade, on a £25/month tariff (the 100 mins, 100 free texts tariff, price matching o2), with no upgrade or other fee. I don't usually spend more than £30 a month, but then I am almost a year out of contract (knew I was silly not to get an mpx200 while I was waiting for the mpx220).

Not sure how you can beat free free free, but the shop also offered me £30 if I took my old phone back to them within a couple of weeks.

Weirdly, they didn't ask me for any id. I must have an honest face...

Guest blackhorse

Can be picked up from Orange retail as of now.

We have 5 in stock of which only 2 are preordered.

That means we got 3 available.

Any deal can be used.

Ie you can the square deal using member get member and £50 buy back

meaning

C500 is free of charge

120 mins and 250 texts for £25 a month

Start with £100 CREDIT on your account for member get member and buyback

Guest chucky.egg

Just picked mine up from Fleet Street store, and they have more in stock

Don't be a dolt like I was... take your bank statement with you, or face a retrun trip!

Lovely little beast though. First impressions very good!

Can be picked up from Orange retail as of now.

We have 5 in stock of which only 2 are preordered.  

That means we got 3 available.

Picked mine up from the Harrogate store tonight after work and I must say I love it.

I wasnt in today.

Did you take one of our preorders or just a normal stock unit?

I rang on Saturday and asked then to keep one for me so I guess it was one of the preorders.

I wasnt in today.

Did you take one of our preorders or just a normal stock unit?

I rang on Saturday and asked then to keep one for me so I guess it was one of the preorders.

I rang a store they said they had it in stock - went in later and they didnt have it :)

Saw that 2 of the 3 female members of staff were blonde, so I guess they just had it confused with the E200.

Guest blackhorse

Think i spoke to you. I had to dash off half way through your preorder and pass you over to jenny as the police were waiting to interview me over a stolen 6600

Guest Xenzo1990

I managed to reseve one till today or tommorow. Hopefully it will work with no hardware probs, also, you guys ive seen 3 light sensor faults so far, I belive it is a problem :)

Think i spoke to you. I had to dash off half way through your preorder and pass you over to jenny as the police were waiting to interview me over a stolen 6600

Yes that was me, Jenny served me when I picked it up on Tuesday night, I had to race from work in Knaresborough as she said I had to be there for 4.50pm. I was very pleased that she rang me to say it was in as like a lot of other people I could not wait to get my hands on it.

Did you sell the other c500's ?

also do you have any case's, cradles or anything for it in store?

Thanks

Nick.