Bluetooth Headset for C500

Guest hamstar50

Guest barrybryce

Just bought my C500, complete with i-tech handsfree. Connecting it once (in the normal way for a call) will not let you listen to music from Media Player. However, if you press the wee button in the earpiece one the music has started, you can hear the music.

However, the phone thinks you have tried to dial a voice tag and (and my case) alerts you to the fact that you haven't trained any voice tags. Once the dialogue box goes away (a couple of second later) - so does the sound in your lovely new bluetooth headset. :cry:

Anyone know of a way around this then :?:

PS - should add - it's an A1 handsfree for voice for the price (though I've never tried any other so wouldn't really know!)

InspectorGadjet - do you think the solution you have found is the same "waiting for voice tag" feature mentioned here.

In other words how long are you able to listen to MP3s for? Is the c500 expecting a voice tag?

Guest inspectorgadjet

I wasn't getting the voice tag prompt, although I did remember seeing it at some point. So I unpaired my headset and started over.

I paired it in bluetooth...devices.

Then I set it to be the handsfree device.

When I came out of bluetooth and back to the homescreen, the headset icon was displayed.

I opened windows media player, and the sound did NOT go to the headset.

I pushed the connect button, and the sound transferred to the headset, BUT the voice tag did pop up a second later and interrupt the music.

I killed the voice dial thing and went back to media player and hit play. Then I hit connect again, and the sound was transferred to the headset again. This time no voice dial prompt. It has not prompted again and is now continuing to play music through the headset.

I have stopped and restarted the media player a few times and the music is now automatically transferred to the headset all the time. No more voice tag problems.

I am now restarting both the headset and the phone to test again and see if the voice dial comes back or if the phone remembers to transfer the sound.

After restarting, the music did not automatically transfer to the headset even though the headset icon was displayed. I had to push the connect button again to transfer sound. It did not bring up the voice dial prompt.

HOWEVER, while playing music, if you push the connect button again the voice dial prompt will be enabled, and to get the sound back to the headset again you have to connect once you start playing again.

Holding the connect button for slightly longer will disconnect the sound from the headset.

Thanks for this. Extremely useful.

Can someone else with a Bluetooth headset carry out a similar test to check that other headsets perform in a similar way?

If anyone has a "stereo" headset could they confirm that mono sound comes out of both earpieces?

Guest barrybryce

Didn't work for me :) - Same prompt each time and music cut off. I tried saving a voice tag so I wouldnt get the "No voice tags trained" message, but that didn't work either.

Anything I could have missed?

Guest Blakey

Yeah, I'm following this thread with interest too. Deffo interested to hear if you can play MP3s through the Jabra 250 on the c500...?

Anyone?

Blakey

• 2 weeks later...

got myself a shiny new jabra bt250, paired it with the c500 in hands free mode and could not get the mp3's to play through the headset...

...i've followed all the guides in this post and got a big fat NOTHING.

If anyone figures out a way, i'll be waiting with baited breath.

• 1 month later...
Guest memoreks

Hi,

If anyone is still interested, my Sony Ericsson HBH-30 headset will happily accept media player audio streams from my C500.

Quality is about what you' expect from a telephone, and is no match for the wired earphones, but extremely cool none the less! ^_^

Guest markhammill

I'm reviewing a few bluetooth headsets with the C500 at the moment.

I have the GGTelecom GG03, Plantronics M2500 and Sony Ericsson HBH-300. I'm hoping for the new Logitech headset when it is in stock in the UK but it hasn't arrived yet.

I have actually got windows media playing through the HBH-300 perfectly 8)

None of the three will voice dial if the keypad is locked although they will re-dial. When attempting to voice dial Sony stays connected even though the voice promt didn't launch.

You can then unlock the keypad play audio through the headset easily.

To disconnect the audio you can press the headset function button again while the phones keypad is locked.

You can also transfer the audio on this headset without the phones keypad locked. Simply press the voice dial button once quickly while the music is playing, although it often it launches the voice dial so it can be annoying.

Just got a Jabra BT250V yesterday, and it works very well with my C500. The new thing with this headset is that it vibrates as well as ringing, hence the V on the end of the product name. Voice dial works fine, as does everything else, so just need to see how long I get in the form of battery life, as this is the most important thing for me, as I am out all day in the car, and as there is no car charger for the C500 yet, I ned it to last all day connected to the headset, and them both to last all day.

Guest markhammill

Hi Kiaman - You should be able to charge your phone in the car using any usb to mini usb cable and a usb cigarette lighter adapter. Alternatively Motorola MPX200 chargers will also work, here is one on eBay for £3 including postage BuyItNow

Hi Dr Who - Personally I would go for the Sony HBH-300 out of the three. But it depends on what features you want; here are a few pros an cons of each.

Plantronics M2500: Very comfy but a little wobbly, loud good quality sound, redial and voice dial

GG Telecom GG03 - Bit of a hiss with all sound, very secure but not quite as comfy as the others, can remember 3 paired devices, voice mute, redial, voice dial, not quite as perfect finish as the other two but looks great, mains and USB charging and folding cradle included.

Sony Ericsson HBH-300 - Most comfy, voice dial, great sound but not as loud as M2500, can listen to MP3s, cradle can work on desk or mount on car dash with appropriate car charger, longest battery life I think but haven't tested it yet. Apparently 10hrs talk time and 300hrs stand by.

just found out, that if you have the keylock on, the phone will not allow voice dial from the headset, as it must stop all items being used in the phone when it is on. I can answer and end calls if they come in, but not able to dial out using voice dial button on headset. I am using the Jabra BT250V by the way. Has anyone else found this to happen on their phone, or is it just mine.

Mark,

please see other threads regarding car chargers. You can't use a standard cigarette lighter adapter and a mini usb cable (or a wall mounted usb power supply) with the C500 as it either looks for a go-ahead to charge on the data lines (provided when you attach to a pc with the driver and activesync installed or imitated by the supplied charger) or for pins 4 and 5 of the mini-usb to be connected to ground (discovered by another member of the board, a search will reveal all).

RikF

Guest markhammill

Wow that's annoying, sorry to be so ignorant.

Shame I kept hold of both my wall adapter and car adapter when I sold my E200. Oh well.

Thanks for updating me.

Guest AlexMaher

Hi all,

This thread has proved to be an interesting read for me. I purchased a Jabra BT250 and encountered various problems trying to use it day to day. See thread

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=1133...ight=c500+bt250

Reading this post we seem to have a number of users with C500 / BT250 combos that work fine. Can anyone confirm the the combo works without the bugs mentioned in the link above?

If so its back to expansys..........

Cheers

Alex

There are two ways to pair the BT250 with a BT phone, and this is described in the manual, one is for headset profile, the other for handsfree, profile. The only problem is, that in handsfree profile, you may find battery life affected, as the two items will have a constant connection, I know this, as Nokia phones only use handsfree profile, and battery life is terrible. You might like to try this to see if it solves your problems. I have the BT250V which also has a vibrate feature, where the headset vibrates as well as rings when you receive a call. It too has the same voice dial issues, and is paired in headset mode. I have tried it with my V80 and V600, and my wifes V600 and works fine, it only has these issues with the C500, so must be a software issue with in this phone. Jabra tech help have never been very good, so do not expect much help from them.

Guest AlexMaher

I've tried both profiles and unfortunately it still has the same bugs.

Just checked the other thread above and it seems someone else is having similar problems with an iMate SP3.....

Guest Kid Dynamo

I tried several (it works out expensive!!) on my C500. Sony Erriscson, Jabra, Bluetrek G2

Finally decided on Plantronics M2500

Best for sound, comfort, ease of use.

Would recommend it!

Kid Dynamo