MSDN Evening - Introduction to Windows Mobile Development

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Sorry for the short notice!

After the success of the first Introduction to Windows Mobile Development, Microsoft are repeating the session in Reading for anyone that was unable to make the last event. It will run on the 25th August from 6pm until 9pm.

The MS blurb:

If you could not attend the 23rd  June MSDN evening in London then here is another chance to get an introduction to managed code application development for Windows Mobile.  During the evening we will look at the use of .NET Compact Framework V1 for the building of Smart Client applications on Windows Mobile devices as well as application deployment, consumption of web services, best practice data access and the new features of Windows Mobile 2003 2nd Edition as supported in the .NET Compact Framework V1 SP2.  

This session is a repeat of 23rd June MSDN evening in London

Full details and sign-up are available here!

I went to the last one and was very impressed, i would recommend it to any developers wanting to break into .NET dev for Smartphone! :)

Guest ajb3000

Could they have picked a worse day? The 25th is the day Reading Festival campsite opens to people with early arrival tickets, so I suggest you leave plenty of time to get there if you're going.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Reading is hardly London...

raider: i think the problem may lie in getting available room's at the weekend, hence the late start of this event. I'll pass the feedback on the MS though, you never know.

Guest chucky.egg
seconded, well worth attending, even if you're only just getting into the idea of coding with the .net framework.

Will

I'm fairly experienced at VB6, but (even after a course) hardly touched .NET, let alone anything specific to Smartphone development.

Is this something for me? Or will I leave with a huge headache?

I'm fairly experienced at VB6, but (even after a course) hardly touched .NET, let alone anything specific to Smartphone development.

Is this something for me?  Or will I leave with a huge headache?

I'll be going, even though I have done over 2 years in the Compactframe work side of things.

All I can say is that building app's for what I consider as my babys are GREAT!!!

If any one does go lookk out for me hey :)

Reading is hardly London...

It's only 25mins on the train, and plus I live in Reading o/

I get lots of these msdn/technet events, maybe i'll go to this, get some good geek time in before the Reading Festival

Guest chucky.egg

I'm not going to be able to make it. Crapola. I need a bit of a leg-up to get started

What format is it in? Are recordings (e.g. Webcasts) going to be available and/or useful?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Its a combination of powerpoint and VS.Net demo'ing. I'm sure if you get someone to note down the email address of the bloke that does it he'll be happy to send you the slides...

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.