Fonetasticmobile - no C500 until 30th?

Guest Aonz

Hi, anyone else order their C500 from Fonetasticmobile.com?

I got a voice mail today from Fonetastic; about 5.30pm, saying they won't be getting their stock of c500s from orange until the 30th August. They said they were meant to be gettin' them today :? .

They ask me to ring them back, which i plan to do tomorrow.

Did anyone else get the same call?

Guest misterfood

Hi,

I have a C500 on pre-order with Fonetastic Mobile too. Although I didn't receive a call saying they would be delayed for so long, I am not surprised as I have phoned them several times now and had the same response i.e. tomorrow ... phone back tomorrow.

An interesting point to note here is that Fonetastic mobile are actually a sister company to Mobileshop.com who ironically show the C500 as being in stock!! These companies are both located in the same building!! It might be worth giving Mobileshop a ring later (I am) to see what the story is here.

Good luck and let me know if you get anywhere - I'll do likewise.

Guest misterfood

I phoned Mobileshop / Fonetastic this morning and they confirmed that they won't be getting any C500 handsets until September so I cancelled my order (can't wait that long!)

Does anyone know of any Orange retail outlets in Kent that have any C500's in stock?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Guest ha107900

The best place to get a new phone is ringing 150

* They send the phone to you by courier next day

* You get to try it for 7 days to see if you like it, if not, you can send it back.

Much better than going to a shop where some dodgy salesman trys to sell you the kitchen sink!

Guest misterfood

:) :P :D :D :D

Success! Got my rocking, spanking C500 tonight! What an amazing piece of kit. Just for information, I got it from the Hempstead Valley Orange shop (in Gillingham, Kent).

The Lakeside (West Thurrock) branch in Lakeside Shopping Centre (Essex) took a delivery today, too!

Hurry, be quick, and good luck !!!

Guest Xenzo1990

Lol, its a guess, but is everyone only saying where they bought theirs from when they actually get it? So that no1 here gets it first lmao?

Guest misterfood

No, I did a lot of ringing around all of the local-ish Orange retail stores in my area before I made the decision where to get the handset from.

There does not seem to be a lot of communication to / between Orange stores as the message I was getting yesterday re stocks / delivery of C500's was mixed to say the least.

Around 4pm yesterday, I confirmed that 2 stores reasonably close to me had stocks and asked the closest store to set one aside for me.

At this stage, I can only recommend that people ring all of the Orange stores in their area and extend the area of search (depending upon how desperate you are to get a C500).

I got lucky and judging from the scattered reports that I've seen posted in these forums it does seem a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Good luck ...