NEW ROM from Smart: version 1.8.13.2 -- post queries here

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I believe this is for Smart Amazing Phone and Voyager? (As of August 18, 2004 5:47PM)

The latest SMART Amazing Phone software upgrade will provide you with the following benefits:

New Amazing Explorer version that includes these ff new exciting contents:

q Movies

q Travel

q Sports and Fitness

q Music

q Celebrities and Personalities

q Personal (Love & Relationship, Fate, Religion, Hobbies)

q Trade Forum

q Fashion & Beauty

q Person Finder

q Establishment Finder

q SMART Online

(With this version, you can automatically download the latest contents without even upgrading to a new ROM!)

Source:

http://www.smart.com.ph/SMART/Products/Sma...P_downloads.htm

Target File Size = 29.6 MB (31,011,452 bytes)

Zip file contains:

SAP v.1.8.13.2.exe

11.6 MB (12,173,063 bytes)

RUUv2.90_Smart_1.11.13.0_Ship.exe

18.4 MB (19,296,423 bytes)

--------------------

Gawin na natin tong 'official' Smart ROM 1.8 thread :wink:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
so doon ba sa mar's procedure e kaya parin nyang i unlock yung SAP kung nagupgrade ako nito?

Ibang ROM version ito (1.8.13.2), iba rin yung ina-unlock ng Mar's Procedure (1.7.13.0).

Guest mar9118

Pag may nag upgrade na please let me know, I have a revised procedure for test, don't worry it will not kill your SAP, pero hindi lang tayo sure pa kung puwede, worst scenario is you will be stuck with the SAP 1.8 ROM which is already the case anyway if you have upgraded or you have a new SAP with the version 1.8 ROM :wink:

I have nothing against Smart and I am still using a Smart line, but I believe that they should not be locking our phones if they come with a 2 to 3 years contract (in short binayaran natin yun phone), kung libre yun phone as in no strings attached, then I will not complain having a locked phone 8)

I have nothing against Smart and I am still using a Smart line, but I believe that they should not be locking our phones if they come with a 2 to 3 years contract (in short binayaran natin yun phone), kung libre yun phone as in no strings attached, then I will not complain having a locked phone  8)

Well said Sir Mar. :wink:

Guest mar9118
Well said Sir Mar.  :wink:

Thanks Ronny, Smart will definitely claim they are subsidizing the phone, but isn't holding us under contract for 2 to 3 years enough? End the contract prematurely if we don't like their service, we get penalized for almost the full value of the phone and it is still locked. Finished our contract, we are not given the option to have it unlock (Orange at least give you that option).

How does it feel to be held hostaged in Asia's most democratic country :x

What the Telcos are doing? they are just giving the unscrupulous people in GH business :)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@mar

May kilala akong nakapag upgrade na sa ROM version na to. I'll try to contact him. Maybe I can ask him to visit this thread.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Thanks pzee, hope he will trust us to test the procedure  :wink:

I PM'ed him already. He's euro of airfagev. Sana mabasa nya tong posts natin.

Matinik ka talaga mar...kelan lang nilabas ang new ROM 1.8, may proposed unlock procedures na. 8)

Dopod 565 ba ang kapalit? :) Sige kahit yung phone ko na lang! :P

Guest mar9118
Just downloaded the new Smart ROM. I'll upgrade my SAP later and try to unlock it. I hope I can make it. Wish me luck guys.  :)

You mean you have a way of unlocking the SAP 1.8.13.2 ROM? Wow! thant's great :P

Please keep us updated :wink:

Yepeeeee!!!

Just upgraded to the new Smart ROM v1.8.13.2 BL v1.13. Did a little modification to the ROM using WinHex and re-flash the ROM and viola!....I unlocked the dude...I tried using globe sim and it works! . I have now in my sap smart rom v1.8.13.2 with BL v1.13 and is openline.

I'm going to try this method again to my colleages and see if it still works.

I really love my sap!!! :)

Guest ppcsurfr

Ito nalang isipin ninyo...

The Voyager costs US$606... that equates to PhP33,330.00

The Plan at PHP 800 at 3 years or 36 months equals PhP28,800.00 which means that they're willing to give up that PhP 4530...

Basing this on market value... this is what it will cost us PhP 0.00 for the Voyager no matter what... either way, you get 36 months of service with a free phone.

So... did you buy the phone? Or are you merely paying for the service?

If you were to get the phone from a legit source such as iMate, Qtek, or O2, you can add the cost of the phone to the PhP28,800.00... which will then bring the total cost to... PhP62,130.00 for the 36 months.

Now are you really paying SMART PhP 62,130 for 36 months with what is stipulated as inclusive in the MSF? I doubt it.

If you want a Voyager or if you are after a Typhoon, why not order it from any of the accredited iMate distributors on the internet? Kasi mas mahal kaysa sa SMART? Walang libre? ano ba yung libre doon sa SMART?

I'm really sorry kung meron matamaan dito... but, doing a little simple math... or even as elaborate a computation as anyone can come up with... PHP800 for 36 months and a Voyager... I think there is no other legit source where you can get a Voyager for PhP 0.00... even at PhP10,000 or PhP 17,000. There simply is no such thing.

So just to clarify everything... the Market value of a Voyager is PhP33,330.00... if you want an open line phone... then pay this amount. If not, then I guess we should show SMART a little more respect.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Guest mar9118

@Carlo,

That's my point! they hold us with a contract, so we can't run away from them anyway, I am not just referring to Smart but also other providers, If you are not comfortable with opening your SAP that is your choice and I respect it. It is a free country :wink:

Think of it this way, we are in a technical world, the unlocking thing is a way we show the world our Filipino ingenuity, Microsoft even hired hackers and virus programmers, so I see it as a challenge for Smart and other service provider to work out a fool proof locking system if they really want a permanently locked phone, the locking process could have been made a hardware based process instead of software based and they won't have to worry about people trying to unlock their phones.

The whole thing really boils down to one thing... MONOPOLY, do they sell openline HTC Smartphones in the Philippines? NO! Bright Point is the exclusive distributor for HTC and it has exclusive contract with Smart for the Tanager and Voyager, so do that give us a choice to buy an openline phone even if we are willing to pay for it? No, only way is to get it from abroad, you have help in a way by providing us a way to buy it via PPCW.net and I say MABUHAY :)

Nothing personal here, we are just expressing our opinions and ideas :wink:

Guest mar9118

@jbyte,

Congratulations! another Filipino Genius!

Soon the Mar's Procedure can be put to rest and the new jbyte Procedure will reign :wink:

Mabuhay ka!

@Carlo,

That's my point! they hold us with a contract, so we can't run away from them anyway, I am not just referring to Smart but also other providers, If you are not comfortable with opening your SAP that is your choice and I respect that. It is a free country  :wink:

tama po si Sir Mar, bakit po kailangan na nakasimlock ka sa smart? hindi mo naman po sila tatakasan. you have to complete the 2 or 3 years of contract kung hindi you will be charge for pre-termination fee. so dapat wala silang paki kung globe line ang gamitin mo sa sap basta binabayaran mo yung bill nila sayo.

Yepeeeee!!!

Just upgraded to the new Smart ROM v1.8.13.2 BL v1.13. Did a little modification to the ROM using WinHex and re-flash the ROM and viola!....I unlocked the dude...I tried using globe sim and it works! . I have now in my sap smart rom v1.8.13.2 with BL v1.13 and is openline.

I'm going to try this method again to my colleages and see if it still works.

I really love my sap!!!  :)

cool! :wink:

Guest mar9118
tama po si Sir Mar, bakit po kailangan na nakasimlock ka sa smart? hindi mo naman po sila tatakasan. you have to complete the 2 or 3 years of contract kung hindi you will be charge for pre-termination fee. so dapat wala silang paki kung globe line ang gamitin mo sa sap basta binabayaran mo yung bill nila sayo.

Thanks sa supporta Ronny :)

Sa tingin ko dapat ang gagawin ng mga service providers ay pagandahin ang service nila, even if I have an openline phone I will not think of using another provider's SIM kung satisfied ako sa service.

Kung gusto ng Smart or other service provider respect, then they must earn it by making their service worth respecting.