C500 sold out already

Guest squippo

Guest squippo

Was awaiting a call from orange as soon as they came into stock.

I called up just a second ago (12.00) and apparently they were available last night but are now all sold out. Wont be a while to the get sent the next batch.

If i dont have it in 2 days im will be cancelling with O as this is the final straw

Guest techno12

Tell me about it! The girl I spoke to this morning said all phones were out of stock, apart from some Nokia model (she rattled off about a dozen phones that were 'out', "oh but we have the Nokia blah blah in stock" !!). Incredibly frustrating - and incredibly inefficient management of inventory if you ask me, I'm sure Orange as a whole have loads, they've just not filtered through an allocation to the Orange Online dept or something.

Guest thefruits

Orange have told me that they won't be updating their 'matrix' until tomorrow or Friday and therefore can't tell me whether I can have one soon or not... typical Orange poor customer service.

I mean, how many C500's did they make?!

They seem to always have no idea of the users requirements of these types of handset.

Not only that, because i upgraded to my e200 less than a year ago they want to add an extra £80 ontop of the £75.... i mean, i've only been paying orange ~£100/month for the past 4 years, what good am i...

the sad things is (based on a combination of personal experience & hearsay) it seems that orange customer service is better than any of the other networks - even if it's not a patch on what it was in the late 90s.

Guest Xenzo1990

You need to shop around to get one, unless you wanna wait about 15 - 20 days for the next delivery, guys, my local orange store has about 11 instock, i reserved one as soon as they came on their system. So im going tomoz, ill tell you if they still have stock.

Guest taxmanken

I have had the same issues. I called orange direct and was greeted with some moron telling me they don't do it yet. I said can you tell me me the price. I then reeled off the prices I read on Coolsmartphone on sun/mun. "Dunno" said he. Useless shower. The shops are not much better. Have called round several and was told everything from "no, not out yet", "Had some in all sold out". Eventually I called one shop who advised me delivery due this afternoon and might get some and that I should call back at 16:30. I called from 16:25(he he) until 16.58 when I got some one to answer without hanging up! Joy oy joy I have one put aside.

All rant's aside I am taking tomorrow morning off work to pick one up. It seems that Orange retail outlets which are "business" outlets get priority with in-demand stock.

Guest blueflash

just an idea but with new game consoles stock is designed to SELL OUT on release, to create excitement and demand. also makes press release C500 sells out on day 1 the much anticipated phone etc...

i'm on reserve list at local shop no.2 and orange should be posting one due to tarrif upgrade.

check Ebay soon for my reserved phone place :)

BTW like new site design

Guest blackhorse

we got double stock. (cause were a top store for smartphones) got two left for general public. let me know asap if you want 1. they wont be here close of play!

Guest lexster

Been told by OCR that it is indeed out of stock and they'll text me when it's back in. My question is... if I buy one from an Orange retail shop, will I have to take up one of their contracts (eg. YP200)? I'm currently on Select 500 and want to stay on it... (1 week away from the 12 months)

Cheers

Guest blackhorse
Been told by OCR that it is indeed out of stock and they'll text me when it's back in.  My question is... if I buy one from an Orange retail shop, will I have to take up one of their contracts (eg. YP200)?  I'm currently on Select 500 and want to stay on it... (1 week away from the 12 months)

Cheers

Thats balls you can upgrade in store and keep select 500, you will get it free as your line rental is £25

Guest blackhorse
retentions will also throw in £50 or 120 texts, can you get that in store as well?

Nope thats a rettention tool to stop you leaving the network. Not a simple upgrade

Guest digger

Well I finally got through to OCS on Tuesday, arranged my upgrade and they said that the phone would be with me by friday. This morning the delivery driver turns up, I sign and impatiently rip the bag open. Only to find a Motorola V500 instead of a C500.

How disappointed am I?

Not only that, but when I contact OCS to tell them of their mistake, they tell me that they cant send me the correct phone until i send back the wrong one :evil:

Probably when I contact them next week, they will be out of stock.

Guest blackhorse
Well I finally got through to OCS on Tuesday, arranged my upgrade and they said that the phone would be with me by friday. This morning the delivery driver turns up, I sign and impatiently rip the bag open. Only to find a Motorola V500 instead of a C500.  

How disappointed am I?

Not only that, but when I contact OCS to tell them of their mistake, they tell me that they cant send me the correct phone until i send back the wrong one :evil:  

Probably when I contact them next week, they will be out of stock.

I may have a solution for you there.

Basically you need to find an Orange retail that has stock of the C500. Explain that orange have sent you the wrong phone.

What is possible is.. Your upgraded AGAIN! to the C500 a £250+vat upgrade fee will go onto your account. But this can be refunded when Orange direct recieve your V500 back in the post.

Guest squippo

I was going to call and cancel for good tommorow morning. but lo and behold a nice chap from orange just gave me a call and said my handset would be with me monday. result.