Expansys now selling SIM-free C500's!

Guest Monolithix

Guest zeta101

am i missing something but how is it a good price? you can either buy the phone for £293 and then have to pay extra for a years worth of calls, or you can pay £19 less and get a years worth or calls and txts to use, even if you dont use them (which you will!) getting an orange contract is cheaper.

I know i must be missing something obvious, so what is it? :)

Guest midnight

because this phone isnt locked to any network, with the C500 you are locked to Orange. And, the contract lasts for 12 month.

i aint saying that anyone who was gonna get an O contract should get the expansys phone, if you dont mind contracts then the Orange deal cant be beaten, but not everyone wants a contract (or cant for whatever reason).

Trust me, less than £300 for a new phone off-contract is an excellent price.

ps. yeh, 12 * 25 is 300, brain fart

Guest agent.m

I dont like contracts to be honest. But its like paying for a phone from catalogue if you think about it........but without the intrest :) Personally im waiting for Sagem mys-7. Only contract phone iI had was sl45i and had to wait a while before it was unlocked. Never really used the sim :P

Guest ferryrich

Its only a couple of months back the E200 was at least £250 SIM free. It is a VERY good price for people who cant/wont/dont want a contract on Orange.

Personally, I chose to start a new contract on Orange rather than upgrade for the deals you can get with free stuff inclusive. Changing number isn't an issue for me and I'm reasonably happy with Orange as a network.

Guest blackhorse
and hang on is 12* £25 = £300, in which case getting it sim free is £7 cheaper?

Id just like to point out your only tied into a 6 month lock with Orange contract

So i make it

6 * 25 = £150

+

6 * 10 = £60

A grand total of £210 for the line rental getting 240 mins a month!

Followed by the last 6 months on HSDP

Cheaper to get an Orange contract! :)

Guest Cybertronic
How much does it cost to upgrade from an E200 to C500 on Orange if you've only been under contract for 3 months?

I would like to know this aswell :)

Guest nickcornaglia

I'm really tempted to go for this deal as it beats paying the rediculous ebay prices for the C500 that will eventually pop up from those in the UK trying to make a buck from us poor amost Smartphoneless Americans.

But I'm on AT&T and I'll be switched to Cingular soon which runs on the 850 band only in my area...so this phone is oh so sadly not an option! :)

Guest blackhorse

I would like to know this aswell :)

Will be about £250+vat! if your high spend it may drop down down to around £100-£150+vat in your fourth month

Guest kalantz

I've been watching the SP3's page at Expansys since last week and I've noticed that the price is increased almost on a daily basis. The first time I visited the page, the price was near 240 GBP (inc. VAT)

Thanks,

kalantz

Guest Cybertronic

Will be about £250+vat! if your high spend it may drop down down to around £100-£150+vat in your fourth month

I'll wait for the end of the 6th month and see :-k

Guest elhornet

I think I jumped the gun and got too excited at the idea of a new SPV, I'm going to sit pretty til the MPX comes out and THEN make up my mind :)

Guest Blakey
I'm really tempted to go for this deal as it beats paying the rediculous ebay prices for the C500 that will eventually pop up from those in the UK trying to make a buck from us poor amost Smartphoneless Americans.

They're currently going on eBay for around £200 - although not one of them has actually completed yet. There are 3 up at the moment, two for £215 and one for £195.

Still cheaper on eBay at present...

Blakey

Guest pierre

Has anyone been able to sim-unlock the C 500 so far?

BTW, how much does Orange UK sell the C 500 without a contract_

Here in Switzerland it goes to CHF 499.- (About 200£ ?)

Guest squall

in the uk at the moment you can only buy the spv with a contract.

I bought mine this morning. an bets on how long it takes me to give in and strip it?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest UnLoCkSmItH

Im getting the C500 for free with £75 Cash Back and for £25 per month 1000 off peak any network minutes.

Fair deal i think.

Any1 want one, let me kno.

Regards,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.