Monday 23/08 @ 19:00 - 'Meet the Parents' TRANSCRIPT POSTED

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

That's right, Monday 23rd August @ 19:00 BST we are holding a 'Meet the Parents' session.

This session is a specially moderated chat session that will be attended by Mr Orange, an Orange technical representative, myself, members of my moderation team, and maybe a mystery guest or two - and will be your opportunity to put any question you like to any of us, about our pride and joys :)

Got a burning question about the C500 you want to ask? Shoot!

Have a MoDaCo question you'd like answered? No problem!

To participate, simply click on the 'Chat' link on the site at 19:00 BST on Monday, or even better, download mIRC (http://www.mIRC.com) and connect to #smartphone on irc.modaco.com.

Those who have been involved in similar sessions on MoDaCo before will hopefully agree with how useful these sessions are... so see you there!

:P

P

PS The chat room is actually open 24/7... feel free to pop in and say Hi, and get some practice in before the event ;-)

PPS Not actually sure who the mystery guests are... but they'll be worth talking to all being well ;-)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'll be on the train! A good test for how well Orange's 3G card holds up :)

Oh, and i rewrote a big chunk of QBot last night, so hopefully she'll behave herself more on Monday!

Guest blade001

Damm, Unlucky me. I really want to be there but I won't have the net from monday for a week. Getting new broadband (Finally 2 meg connection :)) and apparently it takes a week to activate :roll: (well thats what I have been told, god knows how long it will really take :!: ). Second thought, I should have my c500 then, so I can go on the net using my c500 :P. I guess will see you guys there then.

Guest Colonel Trouble

I know what my question will be .

Mr orange rep , can I get a free payg C500 please ?

O rep : Sure thing CT whats your address and the secretary'll mail it out to u in the morn...

CT: Cheers big ears but I'll call your office and tell the address in person to stop me getting stalked from people online .

Oops got a bit carried away there ... :) :wink:

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

I wont make it, cause I am working;

But can somebody ask these two questions for me please and let me know afterwards.

1. Where is the C500 cradle? ,-) - No joke, please ask! Is there one in the making?

2. When is next generation Smartphone with 3G and WIFI support coming out?

Maybe: Paul is it possible to log the whole chat so we can read up on it later on?!

Thanks, Max

Guest Richie M

For those that missed/late/want it here is the transcript.

On behalf of Paul and everyone at MoDaCo i'd like to thank everyone who joined, especially MrOrange, OrangeMat, John and NeilC.

As Paul said we hope to make this a regular occurance and look forward to seeing you all at the next one and/or on IRC anytime.

Once again, thank you all for joing in and making it a record number of vistiors to #smartphone.

#smartphone.OCCN.20040823.txt

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

Just read through the chat...

I feel honored that my question was the first one (of course right after "is the bot working?") ,-)))

Paul; keep us updated when the craddle comes ,-)))

Thanks, Max

So are to to surmise that Orange have officially dumped all Motorola Smartphones?

Will continue to reduce the accessories offered with new HTC Smartphones?

Rushed out the C500 inspite of the known problems?

I've been with Orange since they were Hutchison Telecom and one of the many that remember the Rabbit Phone, ".....set to revolutionise cellular communications...", how long did that last :?

I'm not here to knock Orange but as a long and loyal customer I am trying to understand what they are doing to offer me the BEST product range?

It's obvious the new Motto SP's are not what was expected, :cry: none the less they were an exciting prospect.

I wonder if the M2000 will make it to the first stage :?:

Disgruntled but happy to know the truth.

Guest pierre

I just went through the script. I couldn't be there, but congrats to all, and esp. to Paul who moderated it so well. Lots of valuable info, great job!

Guest Chaser81

@MaximilianWeisheit

Hehe, that would have been me asking that one! I remember some people on here asking the question, so I thought I would put it to Orange for you. Hope you liked the answer!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.