02 Xphone in US Questions

Guest Mark0824

Guest Mark0824

Hi,

Just bought an O2 Xphone and will be using it on T-mobile (maybe Cingular).

Does anyone here have this phone on T-mobile or Cingular (I have had service with both in the past)? I am in Atlanta and not sure if theri GSM is more 850 then 1900.

Has there been a fix for the battery issues? I am planning on using a bluettoth headset, any advice on a good one?

Thanks,

Mark

Guest trioptimum

I have had my xphone here for awhile. It works ok, but nto as good as 850mhz phones do, as it is 900mhz. Not really sure if it is the phone or the frequency but my nokia sure works better indoors. I have used it on both t-mobile and cingular.

The only bluetooth hedsets I've ever had were the sony ones and they are all great, the newer the better in terms of battery life.

As for the battery on the xphone, it just plains sucks. There is a rom update SOMEWHERE but I can't ifnd it, that's supposed to help. I had ot get my xphone serviced in hong kong and I got it back, it has the chinese rom on it, so I really need to find an english rom... ><. Let me know if you find one - the e200 nd imate 2 roms work ok on it I think too but I'm not at all sure...

Guest Dornier

Hi,

I'm using an O2 Xphone with T-mobile in Kentucky. It works great and I'm able to check email and surf the web (most of it). I had to upgrade the ROM to Imate 2 for improved battery life and serial bluetooth capability. See the various posts on this website for more info. I can tell you that the battery improvement is huge compared to the original rom.

I use the O2 with a Jabra bluetooth headset and it sounds great for the other person, but sounds okay on my end. I also use a bluetooth GPS unit and Mapopolis for the smartphone and it works well. I also sync via bluetooth with my pc.

Make sure to get the T-Zones $4.99 deal to be able to surf most of the web. I use GPRS and my pop email account to send pictures and it works great.

Hope this helps,

GP

Guest Mark0824

I have biught the Sony HBH-65 it looks good and reviews are good. Where did you get the new i-mate ROM from? I heard O2 is supossed to have an update out any time.

What GPS are you using?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Guest dt_bogor

I am just curious WHEN O2 will get the new Rom out. all the others OEM using Voyager have already released updates.

cheers

dtbogor (Jakarta, Indonesia)

Guest Dornier

Where did you get the new i-mate ROM from?

>>I found a link on this forum. Do a search for imate 2 rom and you should find it.

I heard O2 is supossed to have an update out any time.

>>No idea when and if they will release it.

What GPS are you using?

>> I'm using Mapopolis smartphone (Beta) software and a Holux GR-230 bluetooth GPS. You can download the mapopolis application for free and they will even let you try the maps for several days for free. When you use it, make sure to install it on the phone versus an SD card. You also have to install the maps on the phone memory versus an SD card. Be advised, the previous version of O2's rom won't allow for a serial bluetooth connection. You must either upgrade at your own risk (with Imate 2 or Orange roms) or wait forever for O2 to release an english rom.

Take care,

GP