Orange C500 plugin

Guest Twain

Does anyone know the xml for the new orange plugin on the c500 as it would be good to be able to customise it slightly, have looked at it using smat explorer but its blank and cant find anyway of getting the file off the phone.

thanks for any help! :)

Guest Phil Lee

If you ActiveSynch to the phone and browse to the Windows folder the Orange home screen is held in the file OrangeHomescreen.home.xml. This is a hidden system file so you may have to enable the viewing of hidden and system files. Once you've done that you can copy the file off the C500 and have a look at it in an editor.

The format looks deceptively basic. The screen is made up of three plugins:

- notify

- iconbar

- HomeScreen

I'm not sure what notify does. iconbar is the bar with the battery/G/signal symbols on. HomeScreen is the left and menu bar.

What I want to do is move the Operator/Clock component to the bottom right of the screen but can't work out how to do that. I'd also like to get an mru display on the page whilst maintaining the left hand icon bar (which I rather like).

I'm 99.9% sure you can't share the plugin as it's imbedded into the ROM and can't be used on non-C500 phones

You could copy the plugin file in the ROM to SD card by IA file manager, try it for us. Thanks.

Guest zeta101

I dont think you are allowed to post the plugin as its copyrighted by orange. I was in the same position a while back, when i had an e100 and really wanted to play with the e200 plugin but couldnt.

Shame looks like everyones gonna have to upgrade to c500's! :)

Dont have a clue how to do stuff like that myself but surely its possible for someone to make something along the same lines, its definately very useful and puts loads of useful features on the homescreen without looking ugly.

I currently have my own version of the orange homescreen with a cool spiderman background, made the iconbar transparent and it looks awesome! and i still have access to all the main features i need through the menu!

Guest Motofone

Don't the programmers that design the home screens for new phones ever take them out and use them. The c500 homescreen with side bar is really good but why do they always make things appear in washed out grey. The side bar is excellent but when you click on an icon the menu list appears in washed out orange and grey. I have changed these to red and black so they are now clearly and instantly readable. Also what about the SMS or missed call notification. This appears as a little smudgy dark grey square. I have at least made this red so when you pickup your phone it is instantly noticable.

The worst thing is the Carrier sign and the date/time. It's a mess. Washed out grey (again) with some sort of ghosting around it. Its almost illegable.

Does anyone know how to make the font size bigger so that when you glance at the phone the time is instantly in your face. I have made the font black but would much like to either remove the ghosting or enlarge the font size.

Thanks

Guest cyrilthefish

personally i really like the sidebar and the carrier/time text effect.

sadly though, the text is hard-coded into the top-right corner... i really want to move it to the bottom right corner as it obscures heads in background pics with people in them at the moment :)

Guest lsainsbury

Hi - I was using activesync - connected to "My Smartphone" - nav to the folder and copy the file - correct - or am I missing a trick?

I will give it another go if thats the procedure - if not - I'll post the full message here!

Guest lsainsbury

Hi,

OK - I have now copied the file to my PC - I think I was trying to copy it from another location in the phone on earlier attempts..

Right - first xlm programming question...

I assume I can delete the lines for the languages I don't need - i.e:

Lee's Home Screen

Windows Standard

Predeterminado de Windows

Windows par défaut

Windows Predefinito

Predefinição do Windows

Padrão do Windows

Lee's Home Screen

I changed 0x0409 but it didn't change the title displayed, so I changed the other English line (0x0809) - why are there two English lines?

Thanks

Lee