cannot send SMS messages

Guest master_yoda_2

Guest master_yoda_2

I cannot send SMS messages :x

When I try and send one it says

Message undeliverable. You must first subscribe to the SMS feature through your carrier.

I'm in Australia and have Optus prepaid. I used this same sim in another phone and I can send messages.

My phone is the qtek 7070.

Guest SMYKUL

If you are having problems with your carrier then it is probably best to give them a ring, unless you have done something obvious like tweaked your phone recently (with RJV tweaks or something). it may just be that your carrier has no network where you are, can you make phone calls ? Your problem could be down to lots of things, it may even be that your friends phone is quad band and therefore can connect to networks that yours cannot, giving it a wider choice of auxiliary services. Hope you get it sorted. :)

Guest master_yoda_2

yeah I can make calls, I don't have any tweaks and my friends phone isn't quad band.

I asked Optus and they didn't do anything

Thanks any way

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's not the same problem but check your IPSM or (Storage on 2003 phones) is not full this and always try to install apps and games to the storage card and not the phone.

If you get low on space on the phone it can actually prevent you

from sending messages as the phone appears to cache the

message first.

Normally you do not get the message you are having though.

Have you checked in SettingsTelephony that the correct SMS number is being used?