MoDaCo Smartphone News via MSN Alerts!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest st3ph3n

Great work Paul. It's one feature of MSN that is completely underused in my opinion.

Pushing alerts is so much better than the equivalent of pulling RSS feeds every X minutes to keep yourself updated with (insert your chosen subject here).

Guest Paul [MVP]

The new LiveMessage alerts service is great... just about anyone can set up an alerts feed for free that consumes an XML RSS feed.

I've already signed up with the NeoWin.net one too, and am definitely going to add the alert feature to my Blog (when I get round to getting it online!) :)

P

Guest deepak

very nice of u guys to try coming more closer...i have a great idea but need to chat in confidentiality with admin guys here...now lets see the response

Guest nickcornaglia

There is an option to receive via Mobile Device.

What is that exactly? I dont see any options in Passport to define my Mobile Device or phone number...so is this just a MSN member thing?

Guest nickcornaglia

I may be getting confused between the Modaco response alert email and the MSN one...but I did receive at least one after the initial posting....I'm not sure. I'll have to pay closer attention

Guest deadlight

Eek! :shock:

O2 wanna charge me 20p per message! '5-10 messages per day' the signp page says!

Nice idea, but too expensive for me I'm afraid!

Guest deadlight

Hmmm...do I have to use the hotmail inbox, or can I specify another POP3 one?

I'd use Messenger, but we're not allowed to have it running in the office :-(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.