[96]Smartphone_2004.jpg

File Name :: Smartphone 2004

Author :: encece

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features: (13 Plugins!!!)

Icon Bar Plugin

Time/Date Plugin

RJ Shortcut Plugin (seperate installation required)

Messages Plugin

All Day Event Plugin

Calendar Plugin

RJTasks Plugin (seperate installation required)

Carrier Plugin

Profile Plugin

Missed Calls Plugin

RichieM Alarm Plugin (seperate installation required)

MediaPlayer Plugin (seperate installation required)

Owner Plugin

I will eventually add the CityTime Plugin to replace the time and date when they add some additional tags to better format. (They promised they are working on it!)

Comments

I was just trying to squeeze as many plugins as I could on one screen. Expanded upon Neostream Minimal Homescreen which was based off of Kleinweder's Minimal Homescreen. Though I dont think it's bery "minimal" anymore!

The graphics are "Eh!" but it's the best I could do. I have included the photoshop file for those who want to mess with it. I look forward to others posting different backdrops for this, what I believe to be, a SIMPLE yet EXTREMELY FUNCTIONAL homescreen! :)

For those who dont know....

There are several shortcuts under the RJShortcut Plugin (where it says PowerTasks). You switch thru them by scrolling to the right (or left).

The XML file points to all of MY shortcuts on the phone. You'll need to edit the XML and make it point to YOUR programs on your phone.

Smae with the RJTasks plugin. It points to the location of PowerTasks on my phone. You'll need to adjust it to point to the proper software on your phone.

Screenshot/Download:

Updated Thu, Jan 20 2005 2:05 pm

View File

Guest nickcornaglia

First you'll need to download and install all of the necessary plugins.

RJShortcut

RJTasks

...can all be found here: http://smartphone.peakin.com/

RichieM Alarm Plugin

...can be found here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...p=287264#287264

WMPlayer Plugin

...can be found here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

After these are installed and you have restarted your phone...

drop all of the files in the zip into your "Application Data/Home" directory. (Just the JPGs, BMPs, and XML file...not the PSD Photoshop file).

Then goto Settings/Home...choose the homescreen, and you're done.

Guest iaddict
how do i install it?

You might have to change all the "Storage/Windows/" in case you don't have MMC or SD installed. Really love this skin. :) And all these time, i thought graphics was it. :wink:

Guest nickcornaglia
You might have to change all the "Storage/Windows/"

Yup...the shortcuts are all leading to programs on my phone. You'd have to customize them to point to your links.

What do you mean?

Has anyone tried this on the C500 yet ?

I think I might be doing something wrong.

I have installed all the shortcuts using the .cab files from the links above.

The homscreen comes up and looks nice, but I am missing the RJTasks shortcut and when I try and find the link to the shortcut manually its not there, almost as if the plug-in did not install.

I can see the RJ .dll's in this folder "StorageProgram FilesRJ" but I cannont find the link anywhere to tasks or any of the other plugins, and none show up in my start menu.

This clearly isnt a problem with the homescreen, but more of a problem with the RJ plugins I think.

Can anyone help me out please ?

Also, is there any chance someone could tell me what I would need to change in order to get text version of the MRU instead of Power Calendar please ?

Guest nickcornaglia
Also, is there any chance someone could tell me what I would need to change in order to get text version of the MRU instead of Power Calendar please ?

It took me awhile to understand what you were asking but I now know what you meant. You want to replace the RJShortcut plugin with the MRU Plugin using only text. (By the way...you know where it says "PowerCalendar" that there are other shortcuts there by scrolling right and left, right?) You just need to customize the links to match the programs you want to link to.

But here is the code to replace the RJShortcut with the MRU plugin. Replace RJShortcut Code with THIS:

<!-- MRU Plugin -->

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{79EFB752-CB70-446d-B317-499723482B3D}" height="15">

<mru x="217" y="0"/>

<appname fgcolor="#1F274E" x="17" y="0">

<format state="selected" font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#1F274E"/> 

</appname>

</plugin>

Guest nickcornaglia
Really nice Homescreen encece - how about doing a full theme  :)

I have never gotten into full themes yet. I like homescreens only with matching colors throughout the rest of the menus.

But I'll do one if you want it...I just have to go investigate which screens I need to make. maybe someone could help me make an installer.

Guest jcjdoss

Perfect, this what I've been waiting for. Very cool looking and practical. Not to mention simple. 10.

I'm starting a petition to turn this into an entire theme.

Guest iaddict

Sir Nick, allow me to show my variation of your wonderful skin. I took out a plugin or two which i think i won't be needing. It aint much but at least m trying. Thanks.

Still waiting for the release of a complete theme... :wink:

ss000.JPG

Guest nickcornaglia

Now daz whut I'm talkin' 'bout! Ya know whut I'm zayin' (Sorry, I'm watching the MTV awards...this gutter slang is catchy!)

Very Cool! :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Forever if you're waiting for me to do it. :)

I personally don't like full themes and don't use them.

They always make at least one program look goofy.

Maybe someone else will make one from it.

Guest nickcornaglia

CodeCity will be updating CityTime to include better homescreen formatting for their homescreen plugin. They dont auto change...I'm just showing what happens when you move your directional pad right and left....Here is a preview:

ct.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.