Smartphone 2004

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest Phil Lee

Here's a screenshot of my own variation on this excellent theme. I've removed some of the stuff I don't use, made the font larger and edited the line spacing. I've replaced the alarm plugin with the O one and added my avatar in the background.

I've created a black and a white version of the home screen and attached layered PSD files for both along with the XML itself.

Black Home Screen.zip

Black.zip

white.zip

White Screenshot.jpg

I the original homescreen is great. Except, when I get a voice mail message, the counter shows a group of 11 random numbers. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

Guest jcjdoss
I the original homescreen is great. Except, when I get a voice mail message, the counter shows a group of 11 random numbers. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

I'm gonna guess you are on Cingular. No there is not much you can do. I think it is the way the Cingular network communicates with the smartphone. If not then I'd like to know too. I had the same problem

Guest nickcornaglia

Unfortunately, that's a bug in the phone not in the homescreen. The number isnt random, you'll see it's the same everytime...it's actually (oddly) the hex number for the color white. I still have not gotten a good answer why this is and why it has not been fixed after all this time.

Guest ustguitarista

excellent homescreen encece!! just wonder, how manyshortcuts can i put in one line for the rjshortcut in your skin?? was trying to put 15 shortcuts but only 11 appeared in the homescreen. any help pls?

Guest nickcornaglia

Not really sure...check the RJShortcut threads. I wouldnt think there is a limit but I remember seeing that there is a tag where you can wrap icons. Even though I'm pushing the icons off to the side I would think this denotes that there is not a limit.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest marshmallow
Here is a quickie. You may need to play with the colors in the menus.

I'm not totally happy with the white text...but like I said...a quickie.

I installed the Bliss theme (looks nice on the C500) however I have a few issues:

1. Top 5 lines on homescreen are aligned correctly however Network Operator and subsequent lines are misaligned e.g. Normal Profile is against Network Operator and so on. I think I might be missing a plugin. The network operator is shown directly beneath the calendar appointment (I'm not sure what should be shown here instead) so everything after that is not aligned correctly.

2. When I click on time / it takes me into the Bluetooth menu option.

Thanks.

Guest marshmallow
I think this homescreen is great everything you want is on the homescreen,Is their any chance that you would be able to make one with this background attached ,Thanks

3. Also get 'Error opening the shortcut or locating target frame' when I select Power Calendar from the homescreen.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest marshmallow

The Bliss homescreen is great however the plugins do not seem to play well with the C500. Is there any chance this homescreen can be created without the plugin support? :-)

I have been unable to get RJTasks and RJShortcuts working - there is no WindowsStart MenuPrograms directory (after install). I have even browsed for the links but can't find them. The XML seems fine, no references to IPSM.

As mentioned earlier, the alarm plugin shortcuts to the Bluetooth menu option - not sure how to fix this.

Apart from that, the homescreen is great.

Thanks

Guest nickcornaglia

The alarm plugin used is the RichieM Alarm plugin...originally made for the 2002 OS where it would lead to the correct place since it captures a series of key presses....the unfortunately leads to the wrong place on 2003 phones with BT. Try changing the CLSID to that of the built in C500 Alarm plugin.

I use custom folders under the windows/start menu to organize my programs...the programs folder being one of them. You will need to point your shortcuts to the correct application shortcuts.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bnoodle

This is my favorite of the bunch... thanks enece.

Only 3 things wrong on an AT&T Audiovox SMT 5600:

1. Voice mail count bug mentioned earlier.

2. Media player plugin not working with WMP10

3. Alarm plugin leads to BT (widely discussed). ^_^

No big deal though - still a great homescreen.

Guest nickcornaglia

Yup. Three things that I can do nothing about. I'm sorry. BTW. I wont use the WMP plugin anymore. It's glitchy. And causes my phone to not be able to shut down properly.

Thanks for the kind comments. I like trying to squeeze in as many plugins as I can and like the jazzed up minimal kind-of thing going on in these homescreens that all started with one based on Kl1wdr's Minimal homescreen.

Anyway...I hope to learn more and make more screens using the great plugins being developed here and there. Hopefully we'll see more soon!

Guest bobby_t1

Great work on this homescreen.. my favorite so far. However, I have the same feedback as bnoodle as I have the Audiovox 5600 and am on AT&T.

I really want the Alarm plugin to work... sigh.

Guest bnoodle
Yup. Three things that I can do nothing about. I'm sorry. BTW. I wont use the WMP plugin anymore. It's glitchy. And causes my phone to not be able to shut down properly.

Agreed! If you happen to do a "Smartphone 2005" homescreen ( ^_^ ) it would be cool to replace the Media Player plugin with a Bluetooth indicator, hooked up to the BT Toggle program. Just a suggestion... 8)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.