Windows media encoder 9 settings

Guest zzzz

Hi. Newbie here.

Just wondering what settings people use on WME9 to view dvd,s on your mpx media player.

I go to... New Session.....Convert a file.......Then I browse and enter my source file and output file...Then do you use Pocket Pc? I have only had success with this setting I use standard video and voice audio (Cd quality audio doesnt seem to work)

I get a lot of freeze frame with these settings but if I go to.....Properties....Video size....and change 208 W 160 H to...160 W 120 H..

These settings seem to work ok for me. The old WME7 wouldnt play my dvd's on my MPX after I converted the VOB files but when I downloaded WME9 and converted my VOB files they seemed to play ok.

Anyone else know of any better settings although I think these would be hard to beat and is the pocket pc settings the only one you can use to view videos on your mpx or can you use window media server or web server?

Thanks for anyones time!

Thanks for the reply Martin.

In what way is the Betaplayer better and is it worth me getting rid of WMP and dowloading betaplayer?

Is the picture quality better and can you fast forward through a movie for example?

If so where can I get it and how do I uninstall WMP?

Thanks again for your time. :)

Guest martin

You can find links for betaplayer and PocketDivXEncoder at http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/

Personally I use PocketDivXEncoder to convert files to AVI and then Betaplayer to play the files. You could also use VirtualDub to code the files if you prefer.

Check this modaco link for more info on betaplayer :)

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=108193

Let us know what you think.

BTW You don't need to uninstall WMP.

Excellent! Cheers Martin!

Have just downloaded it.

Must say first impressions are it looks great and lots of settings to choose from.

Will get back to you when ive had a chance to convert some dvd's.

Thanks again.

Guest martin

Hee Hee, told you it was good :)

If you are using VirtualDub then take a look a ClintEastmans fine work for the MPX200.

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=103236

(Check the links on his first post i.e MPX trailers etc..)

BTW I think you have to apply the MPx boost too.

Note: Also worth having a look at PocketTV for MPEG1 playback. Lots of MPEG1 demos to download i.e www.pocketmovies.net.

Have fun :P

Cheers for that Martin much appreciated.

Its so much better than the WMP its unbelievable.

Havnt had time to convert any dvds with div x encoder yet had a plumbing emergency, typical!

Just a quick question. On the homepage of the betaplayer site the player has file, options, stop, play, fast forward and volume controle but mine has only file and options. Do I have to download some additional pug ins to get these options or are they not available?

Thanks. It just gets better :shock:

Just one more quick question (Last one I promise :) )

Is it possible to convert a dvd using divxencoder to play on your smartphone? I could using WMP but the quiality is no where near as good as betaplayer. My divxencoder doesnt seem to be able to convert vob files from a dvd. Is there any way that it can be done?

Cheers.

Brian.

Tremendous stuff Martin. I would have ended up pulling my hair out trying to figure all that out. I've just got to fiddle about with some of the settings a bit more to see which one is suited to my phone best :)

I tried to convert a comedy dvd I have which has 6 half hour episodpes on, it came out as 257MB and I have a 256MB card! :oops: New I should have went for the 512 card.

Anyway thanks for taking the time out to help me. (Top Bloke =D)

Cheers.

Brian