automatic bluetooth activesync

Guest marcdbl

Guest marcdbl

So, I've had my c500 for 5 days now (my first smartphone) and I'm blown away to be honest..

However - I really am missing one feature that I had on my old SE T610 (using Floats Mobile Agent on my PC) - Proximity Bluetooth.

Whenever I went near my PC, it would 'see' my phone automatically and connect with it. I wouldn't have to initiate manually.

Is there any software that gets this to happen with smartphone (via activesync)?

Presumably it would have to run on the phone, and silently attempt a bluetooth activesync connection at a certain interval.

Also, slightly OT, is there any way to initiate bluetooth activesync from the PC-side rather than the phone-side?

Thanks for any answers/comments/flames..

Guest nedge2k

Yeh this is something I've really wanted for a while but despite a few posts about it no-one seems to want to take up the challange :P

For my money the PC side app would be the best route as to have an app constantly searching over BT would suck the battery :)

• 1 month later...
Guest boysweek

Just seen this post.

Yep, I'd be up for that as well. I rely on BT Activesync at home and sometimes forget to do the manual connection. In fact, I forgot to do it tonight (well till now that is ).

Can we get enough momentum behind this to coax someone into giving it a go?

Steve

• 2 months later...