pictures of C500 and P900

Guest zeb55

Guest chucky.egg

Thos pictures don't really do the C500 justice.

The width of the phone is about 2/3rds of the P900, and the depth (screen to back cover) is a few mm thinner than the P900 *without the keypad*

Definately more pocket-able

I love(d) my P900 but have just about decided to ditch it in favour of the C500.

Guest supermoocow

Unless you are aiming to do a fair amount of data input to pda apps forget the p900.

I had a p800 loved it to bits however fed up with a brick in my pocket when I go out.

When both devices are next to each other there isn't visably that much difference in size. However if you hold them or put them in your pocket the c500 is a real star!

Ignore the p900, great phone but its a runner up!

Guest chucky.egg
Unless you are aiming to do a fair amount of data input to pda apps forget the p900.

Not sure I agree with that

Even "little" things like writing SMS, or updating a contacts phone number are easier with the stylus IMO. I'm struggling to get used to only having T9 again.

Guest rubric

Weird. That is the complete opposite of me. I had the P800 and the P900 and really loved everything about them(except the aethetics of the P800), even the size. Eventually what got to me was having to pull out the stylus evertime I had to do something more than make calls with the phone.

I jumped to the Smartphone platform, and now I can enter data, not only sms, when walking, taking the train, peeing in the toilet, eating an ice cream, you get the picture. I've learnt that single hand operation in a phone is one luxury I can't live without.

Guest supermoocow
Not sure I agree with that

Even "little" things like writing SMS, or updating a contacts phone number are easier with the stylus IMO.  I'm struggling to get used to only having T9 again.

I know where ur coming from however after just over a week of 'getting use to a keypad again' I can honestly say that the size and one handed operation of the c500 makes it win hands down. The stylus input to a p8/900 is faster but only slightly nd requires 2 hands.

I find using the c500 to be less intrusive when talking to customers etc. whilst updating my diary.

Guest chucky.egg

I probably need to give it a bit longer

I've *finally* made my mind up anyway ... the P900 will be on eBay in the next few days

She served me well, but it's time for a new "toy"!