XPhone ROM Relesed at myxda.com

Guest mitton

Guest mitton

Here are the fixes included in this ROM upgrade

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 1.7.10.2 to 1.10.18.6 English Version

* Updated Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone operating system build (AKU3).

* New MMS composer: 1.5.0.16

o Enhanced user interface and integrated file browser to attach files.

o Able to receive, playback and forward video MMS but cannot capture video and send directly as the camcorder cannot support .3gp video encoding.

o Solved MMS issue sent from SingTel network.

o Solved MMS issue sent from Nokia 6230 phone.

o Launch camera function added.

o GPRS will automatically disconnect after sending and receiving MMS.

* Improved standby time. The amount of improvement is dependant on network conditions, SIM card and usage pattern. Talk time and Bluetooth are not affected.

* Updated a number of network operator names.

* Added Bluetooth serial port support.

* Added ClearType? font enhancement.

* Improved T9 text input performance.

* Improved USSD and Cell Broadcast performance.

* Clearer audio quality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 1.10.18.3 to 1.10.18.6 English Version

* Modified camera AP to adapt to slow SD cards brands.

* Improved SD card writing issue due to slow clock speed of some SD card manufacturers.

* Updated T9 text input application.

* Improved MP3 playback from SD card.

* Updated some network operator names.

From 1.9.11.4 to 1.10.11.2 Hong Kong version

* Updated Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone operating system build (AKU3).

* New MMS composer: 1.5.0.16

o Enhanced user interface and integrated file browser to attach files.

o Able to receive, playback and forward video MMS but cannot capture video and send directly as the camcorder cannot support .3gp video encoding.

o Solved MMS issue sent from SingTel network.

o Solved MMS issue sent from Nokia 6230 phone.

o Launch camera function added.

o GPRS will automatically disconnect after sending and receiving MMS.

* Improved standby time. The amount of improvement is dependant on network conditions, SIM card and usage pattern. Talk time and Bluetooth are not affected.

* Updated a number of network operator names.

* Added Bluetooth serial port support.

* Improved T9 text input performance (Pinyin).

* Improved USSD and Cell Broadcast performance.

* Added Chinese USSD support.

* Clearer audio quality.

* Modified camera AP to adapt to slow SD cards brands.

* Improved SD card writing issue due to slow clock speed of some SD card manufacturers.

* Updated T9 text input application.

* Updated some network operator names.

Known limitations:

When performing video capture, do not use the joystick action button to start the recording. The resulting video will only show the first frame. To capture video properly, press the "Capture" softkey instead.

Guest rubric

i just did the rom upgrade last sat. fantastic upgrade, except that doing a sprite restore pretty much destroys it. my advice is to just active sync your address book back in, and reinstall all your programs. the connections folder will cover all the gprs settings just about everywhere the xphone is sold.

Guest rubric

i just did the rom upgrade last sat. fantastic upgrade, except that doing a sprite restore pretty much destroys it. my advice is to just active sync your address book back in, and reinstall all your programs. the connections folder will cover all the gprs settings just about everywhere the xphone is sold.

Guest Maverick

I always wonder why O2 choose to put the settings (GPRS, MMS etc) of other networks on the phones that THEY SELL !!

Most other network providers pretend as if other networks do not exist !! .. Orange et al.. Are U listening? :)

Guest Mark0824

Upgraded my xphone from the 1.7 ROM (just received the phone today so did not really use the 1.7 version). I have a SE HBH-65 and it works good. I had it on the seat next to me while driving and sound was good.

Power seems ok. I have a Samsung i600 and seems about the same.

I have used the camera in video mode using the soft keys with no problems as well as the button on the side of the phone (I used them to start and stop) and I could playback the entire clip either way.

I think it is a big step up for me anyway to this from the i600. the i600 is fine phone but not bluetooth, camera, video or gps possbility (serial connection is lsited now).

Here is a link to the Upgrade From 1.7.10.2 to 1.10.18.6 English Version.

I will be keeping open for only a short time.

Guest mitton
don't upgrade the rom 

have some BUG !!!!!!!!!

it cause your Xphone very Slow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've upgrade three of the Xphone at my office so far and haven't expericened any slow performance issues at all!

One thing though, make sure that you have the phone connected to the external power supply. I figured that as I get power from the USB cable that I wouldn't need it to complete the upgrade. This isn't the case. The Upgrade process started ok but then stoped immediately leaving my phone in an unusable state. Fortunately you are able to continue the ROM upgrade and once I have connect to the external power supply and restart the upgrade program all went well :)

Guest flatland

I've upgrade three of the Xphone at my office so far and haven't expericened any slow performance issues at all!

One thing though, make sure that you have the phone connected to the external power supply. I figured that as I get power from the USB cable that I wouldn't need it to complete the upgrade. This isn't the case. The Upgrade process started ok but then stoped immediately leaving my phone in an unusable state. Fortunately you are able to continue the ROM upgrade and once I have connect to the external power supply and restart the upgrade program all went well :)

my Xphone is Hongkong verson!!!

help me!!!

Anybody tried flashing the new O2 ROM on an Xphone with the I-mate 1.10.15.2 ROM ? I'm afraid I might bork the phone.

So could you please specify which O2 ROM you used (there are 2 versions on the site, not counting the Chinese one) and how you did it (i.e florins fixed, downgrade to qtek Greek, or just straight).

Thx a bunch.

Guest ch79ro

Hi,

I am running the xphone rom 1.7.10.2 - this is the ROM I bought the phone with.

I downloaded the ROM upgrade from myxda.com.

However when I try to upgrade the program is saying that my phone cannot be upgraded. Apparently my phone is not a smartphone or does not have the correct ROM installed.

I suspect this may be due to my downloading of various programs and hacks to play aroudn with my xphone in the past :)

does anyone know how i can get around this and install the rom?

thanks

Guest flatland

my xphone is hongkong version

i was finished in the upgrade

but the xphone is very slow

can i reflash the xphone now

and xphone will down sometime

help me

Guest mitton
Hi,

I am running the xphone rom 1.7.10.2 - this is the ROM I bought the phone with.

I downloaded the ROM upgrade from myxda.com.  

thanks

Make sure you are using the correct ROM upgrade

There are three ROM downloads at myxda.com

O2Xphone_ROM_Upgrade_(ENG)1[1].10.18.6_PKG_A.zip - For upgrading from 1.7.10.2 English

O2Xphone_ROM_Upgrade_(ENG)1[1].10.18.6_PKG_B.zip - For upgrading from 1.10.18.3 English

As well as a Hong Kong version.

Guest IronHide

Ok, so I just upgraded my Chinese XPhone from ROM version 1.9.11.4 to 1.10.11.2. I would prefer to install the English version, but I know it isn't going to happen as noted...I've tried a few times with no luck.

That being said, has anyone figured out a way to install the English ROM version to their Chinese XPhone?

This would really be the hook up!

Guest HKBoySiR

Ok, so I just finished flashing my phone. I was using the latest i-mate ROM on an Orange E200 French Phone. The flash process took about 20 minutes, but didn't give me any problems. The way I flashed it was by booting into canary mode, and then running the voupgradeut.exe that came with the O2 ROM. I haven't really played with it yet, but this is what I've noticed so far:

1. Relatively fast boot time and phone has a nice, sharp response to key presses.

2. T9 mode has the submenu popup instead of the icon at the top right corner.

3. Comes with the same applications that came with the i-mate rom.

4. About Information:

Version 4.20.0 (Build 13349)

Radio Version 1.12.01

ROM Update Versions:

Operator: 1.10.18.6

Manufacturer: 1.11.18.35

Microsoft: 4.20.13349.0

Language: 1.11.18.35

File System: 4.20.13349.0

I'll post more after I play around a bit.

And one more thing, cleartype is enabled by default.

I've posted a mirror to the ROM at http://ntselfhost.net/downloads just in case anybody missed it the first time around.

Guest zerosignull

can somone upload the english version of this rom so i can give it a go on my e200, currently using the latest orange rom. also HKBoySiR what mobile network operator are u using?