Alarm when off?

Guest kidster

Guest kidster

Hi All

Does anybody know if you can get the alarm to work when the C500 is turned off?

My own Nok used to be able to do this - and save battery overnight. Can I do the same on my smart new beast?

Cheers

Kidster :?:

Guest M@rtin

You can always stick it in flight mode to save battery power during the night. If it's anything like the P900, flight mode uses hardly any power when you aren't using the phone - can get two weeks continuous from my P900 like that.

Guest beersoft

this question makes me giggle like a drunken school girl :)

its like asking "can my pc download emails when its off?" or more to the point "can i get drunk without opening my beer?"

yes some devices will do timed power on events but not smartphones yet. im sure there is a form on the microsoft site for feature requests, and if they get enough requests for the same thing im sure the big N puts it into the next version

later

Owen

"spending some quality time sorting out all the use the force luke posts"

this question makes me giggle like a drunken school girl :)

its like asking "can my pc download emails when its off?" or more to the point "can i get drunk without opening my beer?"

Not sure why it makes you giggle. The vast majority of phones out there will happily sound an alarm when the phone is off, the Smartphone is very unusual in not having this feature. It's a fair question, possibly from someone new to Smartphones, and your response is pretty unhelpful.

Guest meatgrinder

his response is designed to be humerous, and it worked, for me. Try not to moan to much, and take it hows it was intended.

and yes, the question makes me giggle too, not because you dont know the answer, but because its been asked so many times, like hte old "access denied" waht do i do, and the classic TV remote control one.

Try to be less sensitive, and understand that beersoft is a jokey guy, i dont believe he meant to offend you, bear this advice in mind, and you're stay here will be much happier :)

(please dont feel i'm attacking you at all, if you do, i apologise in advance - its a would be a good feature, but as of yet, its not available)

Dave

[EDIT]

"if the fone is in silent, the alarm is silent too"

seems pretty obvious to me :-/ jsut cos i have an alarm set doesnt meant i want my fone to start singing and dancing when i'm working or at school

altho, you can change this by editing the profile if you so desire :P

Dave

[/EDIT]

Guest beersoft

ok, the tone of my post was a little on the sarcastic side.

i don't know about you, but im happy with the fact of when my phone is turned off, its not going to turn its self on and start doing random stuff, due to when ever im in a situation of having to turn the phone off it needs to stay off untill i turn it on. i fully agree with the design desicions MS made with the "its off, and only pushing the power will turn it on"

and as the meaty on says, chill out, at least i didnt say use the search :)

later

Owen

Guest sponge

I have my phone set to silent when at work, but still have my alarm configured to wake me if I fall asleep during my mealbreak. :) So I don't quite understand the 'alarm doesn't sound when phone set to silent' comment. :?

Guest beersoft

this you might beable to do with the automatic profiles,

first set your meeting profile to the same as silent

then you set your work time to be busy in the calendar and lunch times as free it should automagicly switch between them

later

Owen