C500 and VPN

Guest zuffzuff

Guest zuffzuff

I missed most of the "Meet the parents" chat, but looking at a summary on msmobiles, I saw that Orange believe that the C500 is aimed at professional and enterprise users.

Since having my original SPV, I've always wanted to be able to get my work email when out of the office. However, we have VPN access that needs a two part RSA SecureID. I can do this off of my palmtop because I've got a VPN client that can take a SecureID.

I've had loads of attempts at setting my old SPV up but eventually gave up. I'm now having another go with the C500 - but no luck.

Any one know if this is possible, or am I wasting my time? Anyone know of a 3rd party vpn client that would run on the C500?

Ta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maverick

Even if you do manage to find the VPN software that supports RSA SecureId, you still need a GPRS access point that supports VPN (ie.. either they dont have a NAT walled garden or they support NAT traversal). Unfortunately, majority of the GSM providers dont provide that :).. as I found out last week. Now I am getting a CDMA phone so that I can VPN to my office using my laptop.

Guest Geniarse

Agreed. But both Orange and O2 do provide VPN enabled access points which give public serviced IP addresses.

I have an XDAII that successfully connects using the app from Certicom called movianVPN. However, they do not as yet support the Smartphone 2003 platform...

Guest Maverick

Ah.. thats good. Unfortunately, none of the GSM providers here give a public ip on their GPRS access points :) .

Have you tried fiddling with Data connections>Edit Connections>VPN Connections>New... I presume u can try entering the password every time u connect using the token. Sounds a bit silly, but worth a try.