Imate ROM on Orange e200

Guest jeffik

Guest jeffik

Hello All.

I am in USA (T-Mobile). I just got SPV e200 from UK. I have 1/07.02 bootloader. I did the update to new Orange ROM. It seemed to go ok. During upgrade i though i saw a newer nicer screen, but my home screen looks same as before. I am wondering if it just went back to older version. Also, since i don't need any of the Orange settings, i was thinking of upgrading to imate ROM. I tried but it stops with a message like invalid image. I considered running Fixed.exe but i have no support in US for this device and i don't want to permanently f**k it up. Also have been trying to set up all the GPRS, MMS, WAP settings and it's a real bear. And when i follow some of the posts here, mine does not match, And T-Mobile, as stated elsewhere, has never heard of this phone or by any of the other brands by which it is known. It's a great phone and we don't get good ones here. T-Mobile gets excited about releasing a "Hello Kitty" phone. Any thoughts? And thanks to all of those of you who have posted already. It has all been helpful.

Jeff/Chicago

Guest jbrare

Hello to Chicago!!! I'll bet your having better weather than us Brits, bloody raining as normal!

Anyway,

I've installed the new Imate ROM using Florin's Fixed.exe and it works a treat! Just make sure you put it into bootloader mode first, with the three coloures. Info on the update to the Imate rom are already on this site in great detail, I just followed that info and all is good.

3 weeks on now and the Imate rom is SO much better than even the latest Orange rom. At LAST SOUND IN MY MMS's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for the Imate Rom!!

JB

Guest Blakey

Hey jbrare,

Are you on an Orange contract and can you still run it with that ROM?

And exactly what is it that is so much better on this new ROM? I upograded to the latest Orange ROM and since then I've had noticably better battery life, and, very importantly, not a single SD card hangup. In fact, not one hang at all since the upgrade!!

So, what is it that is so good?

Cheers

Blakey

Guest jbrare

Hi Blakey,

Since the update to the Imate rom I have noticed the following improvements,

Better audio quality on both speaker mode and normal mode.

MMS Client that allows the inserting/recording and playback of genuine MMS sounds in AMR format (MMS standard for audio) :) :P :D

Much quicker/responsive menus

Built in file manager although not as good as Smart Explorer.

Improved Bluetooth. Same as new Orange UK update though 2.7.1.1

The main reason for my trying the Imate rom was the sounds in mms's. I send a lot of mms's and was tired of receiving them with sound and not being able to play them back or indeed send them! I have tried the new Orange rom 2.7.1.1 and still prefer the Imate.

These are a few drawbacks to the imate rom that I've found,

Cant seem to change the mms alert tone or make it vibrate. I think this is because it's third party and a bit basic - Still plays AMR's tho!! :) :)

The video camera software has a bug where on playing back a video captured in 352x288 it will only play the first couple of frames filmed then the video will stop but audio continues to play. Video capture in 176x144 is perfect however for both audio and video. Still image capture is unaffected.

GPRS / MMS settings need to be entered manually after ROM install.

No Orange homescreen plug-in

Apart from the above, haven't come across anything else that's too bad. SD card - seems fine!

Hope this helps!

JB :D :D :)

EDIT - Yes I am on an Orange UK contract. No problems at all running the E200 with that.

Guest Jules1974

Can someone tell me where to get this imate rom?, is this the same rom as the Q-tek one ive been reading about. I appologise if these are noob questions as i geniunly do not know!.

Which is the best rom and why would be my next question, and lastly the biggest noob question of all (wheres the sticky that holds your hand all the way through it!!).

Cheers, and thanks for a great site/forum.