E200 Homescreen for C500 - Download here

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

In the MoDaCo QA yesterday, Orange mentioned that they would make the E200 Homescreen available for download.

We don't want to make you wait tho, so here it is for download from MoDaCo!

It is slightly tweaked (different links, and the icon background transparency fixed).

To download, click here!

P

E200 Homescreen 1.gifE200 Homescreen 2.gif

E200 Homescreen 3.gifE200 Homescreen 4.gifE200 Homescreen 5.gif

Guest crafty

I decided that i kinda like the C500 icons better than the standard ones on the E200 so attached as a CAB to install this theme for E200s with the C500 icons - they may not be the new boy on the block anymore but they can try and keep up :)

C500 Icons.CAB

Guest giuliastro

Unfortunately this doesn't work on E200 with Imate ROM.

Does it work on roms other than Orange? If not, what's the point of this home screen?

Guest crafty

sorry giuliastro, but this will only work on an Orange E200 ROM as it uses the Orange plugin that is exclusive to that ROM. The point of doing the CAB was to let Orange E200 users have the same icons as C500 users.

Guest dreamweavel

Nice homescreen. I'm not so keen on the new c500 one cos you can't see your appointments permanently on your homescreen.

just one thing, when i select the messaging envelope at the top of the screen i get the message "error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename". it's ok if you go down to New Message but not if you select the envelope directly

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest dreamweavel
Nice homescreen. I'm not so keen on the new c500 one cos you can't see your appointments permanently on your homescreen. 

just one thing, when i select the messaging envelope at the top of the screen i get the message "error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename". it's ok if you go down to New Message but not if you select the envelope directly

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Re the error message, the problem is that the shortcut to your inbox from the start menu has been renamed from Inbox.lnk to Messaging.lnk on the C500. Changed the xml and it works fine now :)

Guest manzonie08
I decided that i kinda like the C500 icons better than the standard ones on the E200 so attached as a CAB to install this theme for E200s with the C500 icons - they may not be the new boy on the block anymore but they can try and keep up :D

Me, I would like the opposite :P

... sorry for my english :)

Guest manzonie08

I do not see the difference in the .xml for the icon background transparency...

How do you have make :?:

I'm french... I do not have C500 yet...

Guest crafty

@manzonie08 - are you asking if it is possible to have the C500 Homescreen on an E200 - if so then the answer is no, it's not possible as the C500 has a plugin that the E200 does not. :)

Guest manzonie08
@manzonie08 - are you asking if it is possible to have the C500 Homescreen on an E200 - if so then the answer is no, it's not possible as the C500 has a plugin that the E200 does not. :P

Not the homescreen... the icons of the E200 on a C500 :)

Guest manzonie08

It's seems that icon background transparancy fixed is not complete...

... when you go on a web link or on the MRU, the background of the big icon is always grey :shock:

I have not test because I don't have my C500 for the moment...

Guest hawkwindz2000

how do u make the envelope message icon work..didnt understand about how u cahnged the shortcut...can u explain how to do it...cheers

Guest Pagemakers

This home screen locks my C500 occasionally, when I click the Alarm link. Requires a battery off to fix. I think there is some incompatibility in the E200 and C500 alarm plug-in module.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.