iMate SP3 coming to UK, iMate SP3i to the USA!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

The following press release came in this evening from Sound Solutions Europe...

The SP3 will be released by Sound Solutions Europe LTD based in Manchester England available the first week in September. £250 + VAT is the retail price. The i-mate SP3 will not officially be available in the USA

Sound Solutions Americas will be releasing the i-Mate SP3i (official product for USA market ) available the first week in October. Price yet to be confirmed. The SP3i will be covered by full USA service and warranty.

Very interesting news... £293.75 for a SIM free SILVER HTC Typhoon with full UK service and warranty is a very interesting proposition, particularly for those that are not on the Orange network.

:)

P

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

yeah, can sombdy find out the the "i" means?

Will they move it to Quad band?

Or stay triband? Will they support 2 US GMS bands and only 1 euro band?

Or is the "i" only for "international" / with no service provider?

somebody got some more info on that?

Guest rvacha

According to an E-mail I just received from Sound Solutions the European SP3 version will be available approximately September 15th while the USA SP3i version will be available approximately October 15th.

The difference according to them:

"SP3 is European version, SP3i is US version, SP3i comes with thumb joystick. Apart from that, both are identical."

I had specifically asked about the 850 band and that is not going to be on the SP3i version. That is consistent with the FCC info, which to date has not shown any 850 compliance testing

Guest rvacha
"]Thumb joystick? Sounds like the HTC Feeler...

P

That's what I originally thought and while the guts of the two are the same, I wouldn't call the two "identical" so I wonder if it really is the Feeler

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.