MPX200 2002 to 2003 update

Guest Spartan2

Guest Spartan2

Hi all, this maybe a dum question, but i own a mpx200 2002 smartphone. I am wanting to update it to 2003, but cant find the update file anywhere. Am i right in thinking its free? I come from E200, where all updates were free from the Orange website.

Does anyone know where i need to go to get it?

mpx200, Orange network

Thanks

Charlie

p.s. please dont tell me to use the search button at the top of this page, because i have been looking for over an hour now, and going crazy!

Guest Spartan2

I cant find it on their website, I have tried. Even if i did find the web page, would the update be an official update? Or hasn’t Motorola released the update for the mpx200 yet?

I am a little worried that an update for the mpx200 is so hard to find. its really showing up Motorola, as being a company who doesn’t care.

Anyone else got any more information?

Guest awarner [MVP]

welcome to thee site :)

There is not and has never been an offical 2003 update release to the public. The was a hacked version but that has now been withdrawn due to legal reasons.

It's not that Motorola do not care but 2003 is a bit pointless on the MPX200 it does not improve the actual performance but it

does give a few extra features. The MPX200 is now an old phone due to be replaced by the MPX220.