RJV Clock SP2003

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

RJV Clock is a free Digital Clock, Stopwatch, Countdown Timer and Lap Timer in one. Default sounds can be customized as desired.

RJV%20Clock.gif

Author: Rey Vegafria

License: FREEWARE

Platform: SP2003 (SP2002 also available)

Features:

Digital Clock

• alarms every hour

• larger digits for better viewing

StopWatch

• up to 100th of a second

• tick sound on each pause

Countdown Timer

• up to 100th of a second

• easy to setup starting time

• with time-out alarm sound

Lap Timer

• unlimited short lap records

• easy lap entry (just press Action key or #2)

• tick sound for each lap entry

• lap records can be copied to clipboard using Xbar or iMenu so you can paste it to a new SMS, email, text file, etc.

Sounds files:

- replaceable...use same filename when you want to customize it (supported wav files only)

Clock.wav - hourly alarm sound when RJV Clock is open

Stop.wav - sound when doing a pause in Stopwatch

Timer.wav - time-out sound for Countdown timer

Lap.wav - tick sound for each lap entry

Developed using EVB for Smartphones. Special thanks to John Cody.

Source:

http://www.airfagev.com/forum_view.asp?msg_id=50056

Mabuhay ang Pinoy! :)

Guest kevlar

I'm getting the same file not found error. I also have installed rj reg tweaks and zone check which both run ok, not sure what is going on here.

Kevlar

Edit, I should have mentioned I have an E200 and am trying to install the 2003 version. Also the program is running in the background somehow as I am getting an hourly chime, I just can't launch the app. I've tried installing to the phone and SD card also, same result.

Guest m4rcus

I've tried installing the app, but get the same error. I then tried installing some of the apps on the link, but that didn't change anything.

C500

Guest m4rcus

Any ideas people???

It does seem to install but when I try to run the app it comes up with the error... the hourly chime works though, sounds just like my doorbell!

• 1 month later...
Guest SolidTechie

FWIW,

I have found the solution to this problem - you need to change your time format from 24 hour format to 12 hour (with AM/PM) format.

On the C500, this is under Start/settings/more/regional settings

HTH...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest monkeyjabber

Very nice work! Its simple, looks great, and its easy to use. I like it a lot, but I noticed some minor problems:

1. RJV Clock takes a few seconds to start up on my MPX200, during which time the loading animation appears. Is it really that power hungry?

2. On the stopwatch function the 10ths and 100ths of a second numerals don't always change smoothly, so it looks a little jerky. I'm sure the stopwatch is working fine, but to the eye it looks like its skipping numbers.

These are minor gripes in an otherwise very nice application. Thank you for making it available as freeware!

Bonus feature: I noticed that its possible to skin RJV Clock and change the font by replacing the .bmp files in the Program Files\RJV Clock\Images folder.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest monkeyjabber

I cleaned up the LCD font used in RJV Clock. The characters are saved as .bmp files in the RJV Clock/Images folder. The original numbers were fuzzy, but now they look much sharper. Also, by reducing the colors to two (black and white), I was able to significantly shrink the file size of the characters. The big numbers now are under 200 bytes each!

I've attached the Images folder with the new numbers as a .zip file. Just unzip and copy the whole thing to wherever RJV Clock is installed. The logo .bmps are unchanged.

Maybe its my imagination, but RJV Clock also seems to run smoother with the new font. post-49824-1108948428_thumb.jpgImages.zip

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mac73
I cleaned up the LCD font used in RJV Clock.  The characters are saved as .bmp files in the RJV Clock/Images folder.  The original numbers were fuzzy, but now they look much sharper.  Also, by reducing the colors to two (black and white), I was able to significantly shrink the file size of the characters.  The big numbers now are under 200 bytes each! 

I've attached the Images folder with the new numbers as a .zip file.  Just unzip and copy the whole thing to wherever RJV Clock is installed.  The logo .bmps are unchanged.   

Maybe its my imagination, but RJV Clock also seems to run smoother with the new font.  post-49824-1108948428_thumb.jpgImages.zip

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done monkeyjabber, i think your right, it does seem smoother.

• 10 months later...
Guest avdl1999
Well done monkeyjabber, i think your right, it does seem smoother.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

I know this an older post/app but i just tried it today for the first time.

I Had a few probs setting it up but followed all the very helpful advice and i used the images kindly donated. It's a great little application and thanks to all concerned for making it happen.

Cheers

Guest avdl1999
Hi

I know this an older post/app but i just tried it today for the first time.

I Had a few probs setting it up but followed all the very helpful advice and i used the images kindly donated. It's a great little application and thanks to all concerned for making it happen.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to add.

Is it at all possible for an hourly 'voice' to say what time it is, rather than a doorbell sound? In essence a speaking clock added to this program.

I know any wav file can be used but if a voice (wav) stating 1,2,3 o'clock etc was used, what a cool touch!

Is it possible?

Cheers

Andy

Guest avdl1999
Hi Andy,

It is possible with separate programs: benjymous' Speaking Clock program and Xetra's Xbar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi gp

Thanks for the info.

How would i go about setting this up?

I have a speaking clock prog,which i'm quite sure i got from here, not sure if it's benjymous' tho.

I've downloaded Xbar 1.0 from this site but not sure what to do next. Can you offer any help or a previous thread please?

Thanks

Andy

Guest avdl1999
Andy,

I prepared a guide for that. Kindly check here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well what can i say?!

Thank you and thank you! :)

It works a charm.I cheated slightly and used your sample but i've installed cronedit so i'll probably change it to every 45 mins.

Thanks again GP. You're a star! And thank you to all the peeps who provided these apps in the first instance.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
How do I uninstall this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there!

What phone are you using? You can uninstall it via the phone's Remove Program list or on your PC via ActiveSync Add/Remove Programs (Tools > Add/Remove Programs).

If you still have problems with those two methods, then try this CAB Uninstaller:

Uninstall.RJVClock.cab

Transfer the CAB to your phone's \Start Menu\Accessories folder then run file from there. The CAB will remove all RJV Clock-related files from your phone/installation directory. The following files to be exact:

am.bmp

c0.bmp

c1.bmp

c2.bmp

c3.bmp

c4.bmp

c5.bmp

c6.bmp

c7.bmp

c8.bmp

c9.bmp

clock.wav