[49]Oranje.jpg

File Name :: Oranje

Author :: encece

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features: (13 Plugins!!!)

Icon Bar Plugin

Time/Date Plugin

RJ Shortcut Plugin (seperate installation required)

Messages Plugin

All Day Event Plugin

Calendar Plugin

RJTasks Plugin (seperate installation required)

Carrier Plugin

Profile Plugin

Missed Calls Plugin

RichieM Alarm Plugin (seperate installation required)

MediaPlayer Plugin (seperate installation required)

Owner Plugin

I will eventually add the CityTime Plugin to replace the time and date when they add some additional tags to better format. (They promised they are working on it!)

Comments

Just trying something different with my Smartphone2004, plus jabbing at a related thread here at MoDaCo :). I'll beat this skin to death before I'm done with it! :P

I have included the photoshop file for those who want to mess with it. I wanted to illustrate how newbies could take an existing screen and change it to suit their needs. XML as well as graphically.

I look forward to others posting different backdrops for this, what I believe to be, a SIMPLE yet EXTREMELY FUNCTIONAL homescreen! :D

Updated Tue, Jan 11 2005 9:34 pm

View File

Guest JoelRae

Any idea why my RJshortcut text changed to italic (like mcolbeck's) when I changed the link locations?

EDIT - hmmm, still fiddling with the wmplugin, still not working but shortcut text back to normal!!

Guest mister_c

A wicked homescreen although it would have been nice if the 4 seperate plugins were part of the download (especially for people like me who only tinker with their homescreen every-now-and-again). Love the layout and really cool having so much information on screen at once. My only query is about the shortcuts and how to edit the xml code to point to programmes on my phone. I managed to do one but the icon for it was different to the programme it opened. Also, what are the 3 boxes above the carrier name for? My phone is a locked Orange SPV E200. Sorry if my quandries are simple to answer but, like i've already mentioned, some of us are not as good at this this as others.

Ta very much.

Guest steve_smith

Hi all,

New to the World of home screens and plugins, since I just changed from a Nokia 8310 to an SPV C500 (wow! what a difference 8) ).

I love this home screen, but I noticed that on my C500, something (probably one of the plugins) was stopping the phone from shutting down cleanly. It just sits on the screen with the "Orange" logo, and you have to remove the battery to switch it off.

Anyone else had this? I downloaded and installed the MSN home screen from this forum and the phone shuts down fine.

Also, I notice on the C500 that the plugin which shows calendar events (which I guess is part of the OS or something written by Orange?) has trouble with multi-day all-day events (it doesn't show them after the first day). Is this a bug, or just a "feature" of all MS Smartphone OS phones?

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to come up with such brilliant enhancements to our phones :)

Steve.

Guest nickcornaglia

I dont include the plugins in the download because they are constantly developed. It is always best that you download the latest versions yourself, IMO.

The thre boxes above the carrier, using the RJ Tasks plugin are from left to right....open tasks, past due tasks, completed tasks.

As far as personalizing shortcuts in the RJShortcut plugin, just open the XML file (oranje.home.xml) and type in the correct path to programs on your phone.

This is the format for each of the shortcuts...just point to the correct place of the application EXE or LNK on your phone.

As far as needing to pull the battery off to shutdown...I have the problem as well periodically. I dont know why as it's intermittent. I didnt attribute it to the homescreen but it is possible. Let me know if you find anything out.

Nick

Guest mister_c

Thanks for the reply Nick. Managed to edit my xml code so that it picked up my shortcuts but unfortunately I can't get any text to appear below where the time is displayed. All I get is an orange square to shift along and when I press the little joystick in I am taken to one of the shortcuts I have put into the xml code. Any ideas as to how I can get icons or text to appear.

Thanks again for helping out a newbie.

Mister_C.

Guest nickcornaglia

Do you have the latest RJShortcut plugin installed? Try re-downloading it and installing again. Don't forget to restart your phone. I have the icons pushed off screen and only the text visible.

Here is the code in case you wiped some of it out...

<!-- RJShortcut -->

<plugin clsid="{F3750050-8E30-4c61-A864-4301F5D7C065}" height="15">

<!-- hiding shortcut icons by placing 217 in the x -->	

<shortcutbar icon-spacing="2" icon-size="small" x="217" y="0">

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Power Calendar.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Power Tasks.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Communications/Internet Explorer.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Utilities/Smart Explorer EN.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Utilities/SP Task Mgr EN.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Communications/Call History.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Multimedia/WMPlayer.lnk"/>

<shortcut target="/Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Settings.lnk"/>

</shortcutbar>

<appname valign="top" y="0" x="17" font-size="12" font-weight="normal" fgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 

<format state="selected" font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#FFFFFF"/> 

</appname>

</plugin>

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

I love this http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen, but I noticed that on my C500, something (probably one of the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins) was stopping the phone from shutting down cleanly.  It just sits on the screen with the "Orange" logo, and you have to remove the battery to switch it off.

Steve.

I'm having the same shutdown problems and wierd italics using RJshortcut. Not worked out either yet.

Could someone tell me if the alarm plugin is supposed to work with the 2003 OS or is it just a C500 problem?

Thanks.

Guest nickcornaglia

Shut down problem is odd...I get it too once in awhile. It's a problem with on of the plugins. I dont know which. I'm guessing the WMP plugin...but thats just a guess.

Others have reported plugin problems on the C500. The RichieM Alarm plugin was one specifically mentioned. Try changing the clsid to the built in alarm plugin on the C500.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stevo_knuckles

I wonder if anyone can help. On my e200 I have a problem that isn't just happening on this homescreen but also on the neostream homescreen. It's to do with the alarm plugin. When the alarm is set it shows the time of the alarm on the homescreen which is fine, but when I have the alarm highlighted on the homescreen and press the joystick in to go direct to the alarm time setting it always jumps to Bluetooth for some strange reason.

I do have the alarm plugin installed but what I'm wondering is, do I have the right alarm plugin installed? Is there another one that I should have used?

TIA

Guest nickcornaglia

The plugin used here was made for Smartphone 2002 devices. The keystrokes recorded used to lead to Time&Date Settings.

The e200 has it's own alarm plugin. Try changing the code to reflect that one. I believe you can see an example of the code in the built in Orange Homescreen. This plugin is not on any other phone, that's why I use the RichieM Plugin.

Other than that...It's up to the developer RichieM to re-write the plugin for 2003 Devices.

Guest ablufia
...When the alarm is set it shows the time of the alarm on the homescreen which is fine, but when I have the alarm highlighted on the homescreen and press the joystick in to go direct to the alarm time setting it always jumps to Bluetooth for some strange reason.

this also affects SPV C500 - had the same result when installing the plugin from ruttensoft homescreen software.

Guest nickcornaglia

Use the alarm plugin if you want to "see only" the alarm status on the homescreen. If you dont like the fact that you cant click on it...I'm afraid there is no alternative...at the moment.

Also, the WMP plugin is the one that causes the phone to have difficulty shutting down...I wouldnt use this anymore either.

• 4 weeks later...

Quite possibly the perfect skin... but I really want the analogue clock face over the orange.

I'm rubbish at xml and can't do it, despite my best ''cut and paste'' efforts. Don't suppose you fancy flogging this homescreen any further for me? Even a hint of solutions to the following problems I'm having would be great:

- MBAnalogue clock face fails to appear (code copied in from plugin homescreen and shifted in the vague direction.

- Homepage sometimes fails to appear in the list, even after reboot

- Also trying to remove the WMPlayer plugin given it's shutdown bug, but it just won't go!

Cheers for any help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.