WMP Reg Keys

Guest crafty

Guest crafty

Could someone with a C500 and Regedit installed please go to HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoft and find the key for windows media player. It seems to have changed in 2003SE just as it did going from 2002 to 2003.

I would like to know the name of the key, if there is a key called Parameters under it and if so what the values are. Hopefully this should allow me to 'fix' my Gant and iCandy skins tp work properly on the C500. thanks.

Guest crafty

Thanks Phil Lee. That's interesting as thats the same as in 2003 i.e. on the E200 yet WMP skins that work on the E200 don't seem to work on the C500? Can you confirm that under HKLMSoftwareWindows Media Player there is a key called Parameters which contain two values called SkinDir and SkinFile. Thanks

Guest clifhanger_uk

Hi Guys,

Ive just downloaded the iCandy skin from coolsmartphone.com but cant get it to work. The instruc on the site just say to unpack the zip file and copy it all into StorageApplication DataHome. Done this but cant see it in the settings>HomeScreen

I dont have regedit so cant change the registry, is this necessary?

Guest crafty

@cliffhanger_uk, please read the instructions at the start of THIS thread for instructions on installing iCandy.

Back on topic i tried adding a DefaultPortraitSkin regrey with the value pointing to a new skn file but it didn't work :). The only thing i can think of is that the C500 uses different skn files. Please could someone copy the file default.skn from the root windows folder and post it here (you might have to change the extension to .txt to post it).

Thanks