New HTC Smartphone - The Feeler

Guest smartphone-web.com

Guest peekie

said it in another post htc make smartphones for moto this phone if true proves the case , seems strange moto drop the mpx100 and a week later this one comes out the box :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest rubric

well, it depends. we don't know the size of this one. if it's as small as the c500, then it couldn't have been the mpx100, because it was almost as big as the e200. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest RussellH

What a great looking phone. Like many, I'm now hoping Orange decide to stock this model, providing multi key pressing works! Problem is, every time I decide on a particular phone, it either gets cancelled (MPx100), delayed for months (MPx), or turns out to have bugs that compromise features (E200 / C500). Maybe I'm jinxed!

ok, great looking phone, joystick will please gamers, solves the dust issue behind the screen. . . Will Orange sell it? I've heard it's going to Vodafone... Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight
well, it depends. we don't know the size of this one. if it's as small as the c500, then it couldn't have been the mpx100, because it was almost as big as the e200. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Not the same anyways , different companies are making them, this is HTC, MPx100 was being made by Compal (as is the MPx).

Guest Underdog_2k

Does anybody know this phone????? smartphone europhone sg4000 no price: find other phones on expansys:D

Smart phone 2003 operating system

1.8inch 128X160 pixels 65536 colours TFT LCD display screen

Integrated 1.3M resolutions CMOS VGA digital camera with zoom and flash function

supports tv function??????? pal????

some of the functions...l111494.jpg

This phone doesn't look as good as the initial photos that were leaked. Anyone else thinks so?

I really can't decide.. I first hated the first pictures that was posted of Qtek 8020, (the ones at the beginning of this thread) And for a moment I liked the new design a bit better. ( see thread of First Real Pic's of Feeler) But now, when i look at the new photos, I see that the top part, where the ear piece is, is designed like a P800.. I can't look at that piece of the 8020 without it reminding me of the most poorly designed beast of mobile phones ever created after the millenium. :evil: The rest of the phone look's like a T630..ugh..boring. Now im leaning more towards the first pic's of this phone, even though they are not correct and the phone won't look like that :cry:

Guest Underdog_2k
Check this link for more info on the Europhone SG4000

http://www.europhoneusa.com/europhone/GPRS...RS%20Phones.htm

I'm not convinced that it's MS smartphone 2003. Something don't seem right  :?

According to Expansys the screen is 1.8? 128X160 pixels which is too small for standard MS smartphones.

Thx mate never seen this one before, it does have ms smartphone2003

It looks like a slide phone just like the samsung e800, not that I'm interested in samsung phones or other lame phones but I do hope my girlfriend likes it. Thisway we both have microsoft installed and she'll STOPS USING MY BLOODY PHONE TO PLAY GAMES.. :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest packdogg

Obviously, the mistake of Orange is to release the C500 knowing that the product is not properly finished, the second mistake is that they don't release the feeler (sda, imate sp3i) to solve the problem. I like orange but they is often too late! :oops:

I'm on orange france

Guest midnight

and the SDA/SP3i fixes the problems of the C500 how exactly? (a joystick alone does not fix the bugs, especially as its still 5 way and still no multipress, and i could argue that up/down movement is actually really good on the C500 and that 90% of all menu movement on MS Smartphone is up/down)

Orange are always FIRST at getting out the new MS SMartphones, so i'd hardly call them too late.

Guest indiekiduk

Come on, seriously, who the f**k is ever going to buy a HTC phone again??? The e200's list of faults is endless...

May I begin with:

Terrible sound quality

Phone locks up every day

Awful battery life

Bluetooth hardly works

Joystick 5way no good for games

Only writes to certain brands of SD

So slow in releasing ROM updates, and dont fix the important stuff anyway

Microsoft should revoke the HTC contract asap if they want any retain any public faith in the smartphone platform. And why are Orange even rebranding and distributing these phones?

I hear Motorola arnt any better.

indieuk: you might want to try the latest generation HTC devices rather then focusing on the E200. Some of the more prominent members of Modaco once came out with what you've just said. Many of them are now singing the praises of the C500/SDA.

Who's going to buy HTC after the E200? Well, if I'm not mistaken more people then bought any of the Smartphones before and including the E200... 8)

and the SDA/SP3i fixes the problems of the C500 how exactly? (a joystick alone does not fix the bugs, especially as its still 5 way and still no multipress, and i could argue that up/down movement is actually really good on the C500 and that 90% of all menu movement on MS Smartphone is up/down)

Orange are always FIRST at getting out the new MS SMartphones, so i'd hardly call them too late.

Gosh! I expected it'd be multipress and even 8 ways joystick..! Guess it's total no use going to Germany for that one as I don't see anything better than the C500.

Guest midnight
Come on, seriously, who the f**k is ever going to buy a HTC phone again??? The e200's list of faults is endless...

May I begin with:

Terrible sound quality

Phone locks up every day

Awful battery life

Bluetooth hardly works

Joystick 5way no good for games

Only writes to certain brands of SD

So slow in releasing ROM updates, and dont fix the important stuff anyway

Microsoft should revoke the HTC contract asap if they want any retain any public faith in the smartphone platform. And why are Orange even rebranding and distributing these phones?  

I hear Motorola arnt any better.

Just to expand on what Pondrew said.....

May I reply with..... get a C500 then:

Nothing wrong with the sound quality of mine (better than my SPV and E100 I might add)

Only had one lock up since i got it (and trust me, with how I use them I usually cause more lockups than most)

C500 battery lasts me 4-5 days no worries

Bluetooth works just fine, much better than E200

Joystick is still issue (in fact, worse than the E200), yes, but this is why game designers should implement redefineable keys, thats standard practice (still no excuse though, and is the only really irritating thing to me)

Writes to my Mini-SD, so I dont mind (Sandisk)

Rom updates happen, and is a pretty long process (theres 3 companies involved dont forget), better than Moto, who dont release any.

As for Microsoft revoking their contract with HTC, whichever way you look at it HTC are the ONLY ones making progress with the MS Smartphone. The C500 is a cracking device (even with the gaming issues, but then, it isnt being marketed as a gaming device, so is it just us expecting too much?), the C500 is what the first MS Smartphones 'should' have been like, if it had been released a year ago MS Smartphone would be up there with Symbian.

So, as to your first question..... LOTS of people HAVE bought a HTC device again, the C500 is flying off the shelves :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.