Rom Advice / General E200 Advice?

Guest petermatheson1

Guest petermatheson1

Hi There,

I've had the original SPV for over a year now, and have now upgraded to the E200 for it's Bluetooth / Built In Camera etc.. I have read that the Bluetooth / Camera are not perfect, and I know that already, Considering the upgrade was very cheap, I've gone for it.

My Questions are:

What Rom is the best to put on? I Hear there are several Versions from different companies! I have an O2 SimCard & Have been using my SPV on o2 all the time. Does the o2 Xphone rom mean I don't have to Sim Unlock the phone? I Would also like to use my phone to it's fullest, GPRS, Email, Wap, MMS etc.. (Never got MMS working on my SPV for some reason)

Are there any Major Differences I should know about between the SPV & E200.

Anything else I should know about / Put on the E200 before I do anything else & start installing Apps etc..

Cheers!

Guest shaund316

Anything else I should know about / Put on the E200 before I do anything else & start installing Apps etc..

its worth saying that u dont need to mess around so that it can use unsigned apps, because it just warns u instead of stopping u.

Also, I use the lastest orange uk ROM from their site, think its 2.7.1.1 or sumthin, but not sure about this whole o2 rom unlocking it thing.

Theres a sticky topic in the e200 forum about unlocking

Guest chrisc28

There has been some confusion, esp among those from the UK whenever O2 is mentioned. O2 is a mobile operator in the UK, while the same brand is operating as a mobile phone distributor in Asia Pacific. The O2 Xphone is not sold in Europe, while O2 is not an operator in any Asian countries where the Xphone is sold.

The O2 ROM (app unlocked) as mentioned is the ROM image for the Xphone. Having an O2 SIM card is an altogether unrelated thing as the Xphone is not operator specific.

Guest chrisc28

Having the O2 Xphone ROM in an e200 will not SIM lock a currently SIM unlocked e200. The ROM is released by O2, the mobile phone distributor. Not O2, the mobile operator.

I'm not sure if the ROM can be installed on a SIM locked e200 though.