master/hard reset...mpx200

Guest shennaningans

Guest shennaningans

hi im considering doing one or the above, my phone unlocked at the min so please can you tell me what it will do to the phone if i choose either a hard or master reset...

also im trying to make space but cannot, tried space maker but thats not making any difference...

ian

Guest Disco Stu

When you install games, apps or hme- or cab-based skins you will automatically get the option of installing to phone or storage card. It will come up asking if you want to save to phone, but press right on the joypad to choose storage card.

:)

Is that what you were asking ?

Guest shennaningans

hi sorry if i seem stupid, im still working things out.

ok i would like to put ringtones/songs etc on my phone, i assume that you place in the storage card section when placing into file through "active link"....just need to know which one for which application???

and how do i play

also ive master reset the phone, is there anyway i can obtain what was on my phone such as spacew maker, which ive lost??

thanks

Guest Disco Stu

Don't worry, you don't sound stupid. You're asking the same questions we've all asked at one point or another. :)

Ringtones : with the normal MPx200 OS (2002) you have to put ringtones in IPSM Application Data Sounds. You will have to create the last folder there if you haven't already got it. However, there are 2 solutions to storing ringtones on the storage card.

1: Jeyo Personaliser

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...&txtSearch=Jeyo

& 2: SetTones

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=5835...3be19e3c9f6ce54

Songs : can go anywhere on the storage card and all the usual players will see them. I created a folder Storage Card My Documents My Music to dump them in.

SpaceMaker : should still be there but you'll need to recreate the shortcut. When connected via ActiveSync browse to

Windows and look for IA_Space_Maker.exe, right-click, copy, browse to IPSM Windows Start Menu, then right-click, copy shortcut.

The exe should be in the main Windows directory rather than IPSM Windows.

What else have you lost ?

You are using 2002 OS ?

If 2003, IPSM is renamed Storage or popssibly somethinig else on the MPx ROM.

Also with 2003 OS the ringtones storage card solution is not applicable. The phone will pick up ringtones on the card itself anyway.

Let me know how you get on :P

Guest shennaningans

Thanks very much! i appreciate all the help i can get... Im using the 2002 os at the minute although i was contimplating upgrading to 2003, but will do some reading on how to obtain the software etc.

Heres a question, since ive unlocked the phone from Orange to 02, everything concerned seems to be set to Orange. Such as the internet etc and also cant use msn. Is there a way in which i can unlock these features so i can use Orange backup/ restore??

Ive been reading into the mpx220 which sounds amazing on this, i would be very curious to know approx how much an unlocked version is going to set me back

thanks

Ian

Guest shennaningans

ive noticed that there is a way to unlock the applications on the mpx 200, ie msn messenger and also the general use of internet explorer... ive tried the unlock cab to my phone but since it didnt work il assume i have the version that doesnt allow this. There is another way via orange directly but i have to provide certain information etc, since i got the phone from ebay im a little uneasy about chancing this as it states the will lock the phone.(i dont know if the previous owner has informed orange that i have the phone) Any suggestions to what you thinks best to do.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The only way to application unlock is by using the Orange developers site.

They only need brief details but it's the IMEI that is important as the unlock is unique to each phone.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Yes

A hard reset deletes the IPSM where all apps and contact details etc are stored.

After the reset you would need to re-sync your phone with Outlook and install any

applications and games you want to use.