C500 keypad multipress problems - i'm afraid it's hardware!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

You heard it here first, and it's not good news if you're a gamer i'm afraid...

Forum member 'muff' has highlighted a problem where the C500 keypad cannot accept any other input at the same time as pressing the joystick / scroller.

We have already raised this problem with Orange / HTC, and word has come back that this is a HARDWARE problem, and as such, no fix will be available in the current hardware.

So, fingers crossed that HTC learn from their mistakes and fix it in future phones, but it definitely limits the C500s gaming potential :)

P

Guest badlad

Best game out for smartphone works better on my c500 than it ever did on the e200 ..... I'm talking about Jawbreaker of course .... ahh how the time spent in the bathroom has become so much more enjoyable :)

Guest meatgrinder

an idea for you

how can the multi-keypress problem be a hardware problem, when, to hard reset the phone, you use multi-keypresses?

it occurs to be, that perhaps (at least) with a software patch we could get the 2 softkeys working at the same time - no?

Dave

Guest HurricaneDave
"]What makes you think the 'feeler' will be any better?

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

well it has a joypad for a start..even if it can only be used indpendantly its still a massive improvement over that stupid roller button thingy.. mobile gaming plays a huge part in peoples smartphone use and HTC with all there wisdom and all that they SHOULD have learned from previous bug infested piles of junk STILL do not seem to understand what its users want,,YES i understand that the phone is been touted as a buisness phone but sureley they should have had the common sense to think "Hmmmm maybe if we make it so that people can play games on it then it will appeal to a broader audience" but apparentley not..

im just hanging on for that motorola mpx300 (or is it just called mpx now?) and then HTC can go jump

Guest meatgrinder

yea, jsut mpx now tanagerdave, and, yea, HTC are thick as a certain brown substance - they just dont listen - every phone they release gets furhter away from waht people are requesting...

Dave

Guest Paul [MVP]

The multi press issue is to do with pressing other keys when using the joystick / scroller thing.

I suspect the 'Feeler' will have all the same issues, but only time will tell.

MPx? Long wait, who knows what else will be out by then! :)

P

Guest HurricaneDave

i just cant help but feel that HTC have so much potential if they actually listened to what there users want.. for example my E200 is now superb with the imate rom on it (although i know the rom is down to orange and not HTC) but as good as the phone is, why the hell has it only got a 5 way joypad when both the spv AND the e100 had 9 way ?? it really does seem that they are taking 1 step forward and 50 steps backward.

Guest kevlar

Someone want to ring O and tell them they may as well stick their Gapi fix up their xxxxxx?

This is just surreal, after the debacle that was the e200 joystick you'd think some lessons would have been learned!

Kevlar

Good going Orange and HTC, congrats!

I've said it before.... I'm giving up on HTC for now and hoping Motorola actually listen to the people that use the phone... Since Moto have been in the cell industry longer I have confidence their next smartphone(s) will kick butt... we'll see....

Guest Maverick
my E200 is now superb with the imate rom on it (although i know the rom is down to orange and not HTC)

Orange has nothing to do with the Imate ROM !! Infact, have u ever wondered why the Imate ROM is far better than the one that Orange puts on the phone :roll: .

Guest pierre

Oh no! Good I didn't buy one so soon. All in all I might have to keep my E-100 for some more time until some better news. Even though I use the phone mostly for business I still like to play a game from time to time and don't see why I should go for less performance.

Guest Jay3gsm

If the only problem is the fact it makes some games harder to paly then it's no big problem really. Don't understand why it upsets so many people so much. Do you really spend so much times playing games on your phone? If so, buy an N-Gage, no....?

Guest Jasonkruys

Thats it. That was their last chance.

Upgraded to the C500 so soon because I was well and truly Pi***d off with the appaling battery life of the e100. Got seen off by retentions regarding contracts and stuff, so am still stuck on a 5 year old tariff that is a rip off.

I sincerely hope that a new smartphone that is actually what people want gets released soon, on another network, because orange can shove my custom from now on. As for the feeler, it won't be any different, they have had many chances now and have not actually listened to the users, so why should they with this one? Besides, it has already been stated that it is exactly the same hardware as the C500 just in a different guise. :)

Guest pierre
If the only problem is the fact it makes some games harder to paly then it's no big problem really. Don't understand why it upsets so many people so much. Do you really spend so much times playing games on your phone? If so, buy an N-Gage, no....?

Well... I love SPVs for their professional' skills, and I love playing sometimes a game like Odyssey. It's fun, nah? Instead of Ngage or whatever funny phone, I'll keep my E-100 which has a joystick and a cool look!

Remember this multipress prob. is added to the never ending damn list of other bugs mentioned in the forum.

I don't give up now, but tell myself: Wait and c.

Guest HurricaneDave

Orange has nothing to do with the Imate ROM !! Infact, have u ever wondered why the Imate ROM is far better than the one that Orange puts on the phone :roll: .

I know that orange has nothing to do with the imate rom,, i just worded it incorrectly..basically what i meant was that BEFORE the imate rom my e200 royally sucked BECAUSE of the orange rom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.