I don't want a camera and I don't need bluetooth...

Guest Neondaze

Guest Neondaze

so why is Motorola insisting that if I want wm2003 I must buy a MPX220.

I like my my MPX200, it does almost all I want. What would make it perfect for me is an official update to wm2003.

To me it seems crazy that I am expected to upgrade my phone to a new model every 12 months for what are really minor changes. To actually design products with a 12 month obsolescence may seem good for profits in the short term but is probably very short sighted in the long term.

I have always liked Motorola phones but will certainly look elsewhere for what I want when I decide my MPX200 has reached the end of it's useful life.

Thanks for reading, I just needed to state my opinion.

Guest awarner [MVP]

How else is motorola going to sell new phones? you could use

exactly the same argument for the SPV and E100 but they are

completely out of date now with the E200 now being replaced by the C500.

Simply put it's all in the name of progress, Motorola want to make money and that will not happen if they put their resources into older technology?

Guest Neondaze

I am not suggesting that Motorola stop developing new phones. But to stop supporting a phone which is just 12 months old is a bit extreme. Besides it would not cost them that much to deliver a wm2003 update. After all Samsung did for their i600.

Some people will always take the new stuff as soon as it arrives (hell I have in the past, that's why I have an MPX200). But for the assumption to be made that we all want didgital cams and Bluetooth on our phones is wrong. I would have thought that the whole point of having a range of phones was to offer people different choices. At the moment Motorola is offering one choice of smartphone. I have a dedicated digicam which will take better photos than a phone ever can. Besides I, as well as others, will have a problem taking to work phones with integral digi cams.

Guest Colonel Trouble

why bother avoiding it .. just dont use it . Almost all phones coming out now have cameras , its a thing you'll probably have to live with unless you want a bashed handset or something off ebay ... I'm using wm02 on my mpx200 and I want to know what does wm03 improve?

Guest Neondaze

I hear wm2003 will improve battery life. Also will allow mp3 as ringtones.

As for not using the camera on the phone, if only it was that simple. Unfortunately my work has banned phones with cameras so it is not an option.