Will Someone Explain This to Me

Guest Navec245

Guest Navec245

OK. I am stumped by the difference between Device Flash Memory (which is where my programs reside and seems to be like using a small SD card?) and storage Memory (which is at about 10 meg and never moves. How do I access the Storage memory? What is the best way to utilize them? How do I move storage memory into program memory (and is it necessary?)

Cheers

Guest meatgrinder

i beleive.... the device flash memory is where applications install, when you choose "phone" (during a regular .cab installation) - it is fairly similiar to a small sd card in theory, works the same way, EXCEPT, when the phone's backup battery fails/runs empty/when you hard reset, this area is formatted.

the storange memory is like RAM on a pc :) - you cannot store things to this, if it were possible, they would be deleted after a soft reset ( phone on then off ).

you cant move storage memory to program memory, there is no "sharing"

hope this helps!

Dave

Guest KingDaddy

That's the biggest problem I have with Smartphones., having 10 megs or so just sitting there uselessly. In Windows CE 1.0 and probab;y other versions, you could use a slider to allocate more of it for program memory. Why did Microsoft choose to leave this space unuseable?

Guest meatgrinder

lol - its RAM - on your pc, jsut cos u're running low on hdd, doesnt mean you isntall games on ure ram.

a) the pc will run slow as hell...

:) how much fun would it be, uninstalling apps so u can run others???

how can this be a problem - its a fact of life (well, using pcs...)

Dave :S